Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of any good land leases for elk, mulies, or whitetails in Montana? Perferably a year around lease woould be the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of any good land leases for elk, mulies, or whitetails in Montana? Perferably a year around lease woould be the

Does anyone know of any good land leases for elk, mulies, or whitetails in Montana? Perferably a year around lease woould be the best!

As a Native Montanan, I think it would be hard to find a lease at this moment, as there is alot of turmoil between public land hunters, outfitters and landowners. Lots of changes are in the process or up for debate as even as I type. The best bet would be to call the realtors that represent the area you are interested and start from there. I would start by looking at South Central, North Central and the entire Eastern part of the state. Good luck.

Comment

please, stay home. do not bring your "leasing" game to MT. we already have to deal with outfitters who lease land (usually adjacent to public lands) so they can lock up big tracts and attempt to keep the public off its land. keep the leasing in TX, KS, NE and points south of here.

Comment

Okay praireghost i'm from montana, Butte, Mt. So i will stay home... My grandpa is having health issues and can't hunt public lands like we used to and we will NOT road hunt. We just were looking for something accessable for him, and outfitters are over priced. Buy thanks for the help rezavoirdog!

Comment

You are quite welcome. I hope you and your family have a successful fall hunting season.

Comment

Sheephuntero8 rezavoirdog has a good point,if you can I would contact a realitor and if possible buy the land. I dont have the heath issues asa you mentioned but I am looking for land here in the upper valley in ID it seems every time I go out there is three tree stands in every tree or some fool that tresspases on private land and sits in the middle of the road. Incedently I contacted our fish and game and asked how to manage wildlife as far as planting food plots and such and I was told that is considerd baiting does anyone else know if it would be?

Comment

no i dont but take my advice and check out big buck properties or white tail properties

Comment

Thank you, yeah we are looking for property to buy also! I hope you have a sucecessful hunting season also rezavoirdog!

Comment

Agreed with rezavoirdog answer above and A + 1 for you!!!

Comment

I think it would be hard to find a lease at this moment!

Comment

I think it would be hard to find a lease at this moment!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                        by 99explorer
                        CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                        Anybody
                        Today, 01:09 AM
                      • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                        by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                        Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                      • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                        by 99explorer
                        Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                        Today, 12:57 AM
                      • The George Floyd case.
                        by FirstBubba
                        Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                        Minnesota...
                        Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                      • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                        by crm3006
                        My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                        Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X