Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best scent eliminator product between Scent-a-way, Scent killer, Dead down wind, or Primos? Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Wood
    replied
    No matter what you use. use it 100%, use the laundry detergent, soaps and shampoos, sprays,store clothes in a scent safe bag. Its all designed to work at its best when used all together. but, Scent A Way is my favorite by far!

Leave a comment:

• bobwill
    replied
    I was shown a lot by an old man.he always used the same soap so a month before deer season he would put out the used bars he saved.which made his sent normal to the deer.also he said dont smoke dont chew and dont spit in your area.sent eliminators dont hurt but a little imagination doesnt either.

Leave a comment:

• VHunter99
    replied
    SCOE10X. It works and works well. We set up two archery stands (Double Bull Blinds) both were treated with SCOE 10 X. We had deer and wild hogs with in 6 to 16 yards down wind and none detected our odor.

We are a video production company and must always use the wind to our advantage to get the video. But with SCOE 10 X we hunted this set with the wind to our backs and were not detected by any of the animals, including a nice 8 point buck and a 165 pound wild hog.

Leave a comment:

• huntinfreak402
    replied
    All yall who don't use scent elimination products, I know how you see this stuff, I was the same way, but what you don't realize is (unless you have the luxury of a climbing stand and a large amount of land to scatter your hunts), that if you go into a stand one day with your bow, typical day, you think that you can get in smelling like smoke, gasoline, mint, whatever, and just play the wind. Although this may work for the first couple times this stand is hunted, what you probably aren't thinking of is that you're scent accumulates all over that tree stand and the vegetation that your scent is blown through, and it stays there for days. There are obviously going to be deer that pass your stand later on at night or any other time when it is not being hunted, and they will detect that smell, and be put on alert. Or, if the deer happens to be a mature buck, he may completely change travel patterns to avoid the evident danger. So be sure to think about what could happen after the hunt, and also don't forget about your boots, because those, if not sprayed with scent eliminator, can be a dead giveaway to deer that you're hunting them. For anyone that is wondering if playing the wind is necessary, I believe that if you put the proper time and effort into controlling you're scent (keep in mind this means everything from washing clothes in scent free detergent, to getting rid of you're breath smell and even spraying your bow with scent killer), then I do not believe it is necessary to play the wind.

Leave a comment:

• Fixedblade
    replied
    I have used all of them, and I mean all of them. I have luck with most but none of the current products today would keep working on the stand.

I finally found one that would work for hours and it is an all in one product. You can use it in the washer all the way to the field all from the same bottle.

BioExtreme is the name of the product and my buddy gave me my first bottle opening weekend and I have bought one more this week. This stuff really works and wont stop working like the others. I have saved a ton of money not having to buy three or four products to wash my clothes, shower and spray down in the field, one bottle is all it takes and it cost about a 1/3 of all the others.

Leave a comment:

• deerslayer1234
    replied
    I prefer scent killer

Leave a comment:

• buckhuntr
    replied
    scent away

Leave a comment:

• mopedfredd
    replied
    I don't use any of that stuff, I suck as a hunter, but while drinking coffee about 15 feet from my bow and nice muley came by looked at me, my dad, and took off! We both stared at each other, wondering what the heck had just happned.

Leave a comment:

• fishfinder
    replied
    i use the 99% and it works good for me.

Leave a comment:

• turk
    replied
    I have tried alot over the years if i had to pick one i would go with scent-a-way then again primos makes some good stuff to.I like dead down wind but its a little pricey.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Just think of the ones who winded you and you never saw! Ha ha ha.

Scent A Way and Scent Killer laundry wash.

Leave a comment:

• BioGuy
    replied
    Well said jay...+1 :-)

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    I've killed at least 1 deer with my bow for the last 22 years without using any of that crap. Play the wind and use your hard earned money for something else.

Leave a comment:

• 86Ram
    replied
    I like both Scent A way and dead down wind. I use the dead down wind body wash and the scent away spray as well as scent killer laundry soap

Leave a comment:

• Buck-itswhatsfordinner
    replied
    scent-a-way works well for me. when i was scouting 3 weeks ago, i got 30 feet away from a doe laying in the grass before she got up and ran.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad