Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking to buy my first muzzleloader so I can get an earlier start on deer season. What are some good ones that are fairly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking to buy my first muzzleloader so I can get an earlier start on deer season. What are some good ones that are fairly

I am looking to buy my first muzzleloader so I can get an earlier start on deer season. What are some good ones that are fairly reasonable in cost?

you can get a TC omega with a scope at wally world for $317 + tax, thats what i use and i love mine.

Comment

Look into CVA's.

Comment

CVA (Conneticut Vally Armys) Optimas are great rifles. I've shot several deer with mine, with iron sights (no scope) and I spent I think $130 on it 3 or 4 years ago. CVAs are good, solid guns. They aren't fancy...but they put deer in the freezer.

Comment

CVA (Conneticut Valley Arms)

Comment

All the inlines are about the same, I would get a knight. You can buy them this time of year in any pawn shop. But bottom line is most of the inlines are made nearly identical, you need to check the bore and the nipple plug, chamber. If you don't buy new at least take it apart and look all the way through it. The best thing that will help you out if you by used is that Black powder is EXTREAMLY Corrosive. If the gun hasn't been cleaned and maintained then it will show.

Comment

Save up your coins and do it right!!!

I own a Encore and I’m retiring it to buy a Savage Model 10ML-II

A Muzzleoaders Dream Come True

Call it innovation...call it thinking out of the box...at Savage, we call it listening to the needs of the hunter. That's why we developed the world's first smokeless powder muzzleloader. The 10ML-II's barrel and hardened breech plug are designed to safely contain the pressures from shooting smokeless. And, since smokeless powders are non-corrosive, the 10ML-II is a muzzleloader hunter's dream come true--clean it next week or next month--you decide.
              The 10ML-II is loaded with options. Use smokeless powder, black powder, Pyrodex or other black powder substitutes--the choice is yours. Set trigger pull weight to your own requirements--the revolutionary AccuTrigger is a standard on the 10ML-II. This 50 caliber rifle with 209 primer ignition can deliver 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards and produces velocities exceeding 2,300 fps. With more than 3,000 foot pounds of knock down energy, the 10ML-II is muzzleloading perfection that caters to every taste.

Comment

Go to a gun store and check the different models out. I'm on the way myslef to check out this Savage Clay is talking about.

Comment

Yep, everything I have read about the Savage is good. Definitely the way to go for an in-line if that rings your bell. I have 3 in-lines but they just don't do it for me. My flint lock longrifle is what gets the blood going. This Sep it and I will go out for the muzzleloader hunt. If he can't be got with a patched round ball and 90 grains of 2f Goex black powder maybe the bow and arrow will work in October. Never get tired of looking at that Siler lock, Getz swamped barrel and tiger striped maple.

Comment

I am a yotuh hunter and i agree with the other guys. CVA makes a great muzzleloader. I took my fist buck with my dads two year old Kodiak and have taken two deer with my new Kodiak Pro 209 magnum (170$). Over all they make great guns. ( Also check out Barska scopes i got mine for 70 dolars and it is better then my dad and uncles higher priced leupold scopes)

Comment

Also make sure, if you do get a smokeless, it is legal in your state, anyway i could probably beat 1.5 inches at 100 yards easily

Comment

Check out the CVA line up.

Comment

I am sorry guys i meant my uncle and dad have nikons. A leupold could maybe beat the barska but barskas are a lot cheaper and cant be that much worse then a leupold.

Comment

well i have an optima .50 it was a reasonalble prise

Comment

Defenently go with a T.C. Triumph. I bought one of those and it is amazing. Depending on modle, price ranges from 300-550.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad