Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use a 4 wheeler to hunt? Do you have any tatics for using one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use a 4 wheeler to hunt? Do you have any tatics for using one?

Does anyone use a 4 wheeler to hunt? Do you have any tatics for using one?

When rabbit hunting, drive by tree lines and fence rows. Other than that I just drive out to one of my stands or to go set up a blind. Make sure not to stir things up too much!

Comment

i use one to check cameras, and to hang stands, thats about all i use them for.

Comment

There are many fences where I hunt and the thing would not be of much use since it won't hop a fence. I use my pickup and LPC's. That's Leather personnel carriers or shoes for civilians.

Comment

I use my 4 wheeler in the off season puttig up stands and food plots but during hunting season it only comes off the truck if there's blood on the ground. We don't drive anything on our land for at least a month before the season starts. Mine gets used a lot more January - March than September - December.

Comment

I believe it's illegal to hunt from a motorized vehicle!!

Comment

All of the above, I use them for hanging stands, filling feeders, draging deer, and getting to and fro. Most successful tactic is this, Go before daylight and stay till after dark. Fourwheeler stir game and you can use others if you hunt on public ground. Just like any other hunting, get there early stay late, and walk a few hundred yards from it.

Comment

I consider four wheelers to be great for irrigating horse pasture and horses great for hunting. Like the old cowboy told me "why walk if you can ride".

Comment

I use them to go to my stand but i park about a block away from it and then i walk to the stand.

Comment

It depends on what you are hunting, but no matter what I never hunt from a 4 wheeler. I'm from Montana and hunt Mulies and Elk... and recently sheep. I used the 4 wheeler to get to areas where I then proceed to walk. I normally like to be at least a half mile from where I parked, just cause the 4 wheelers are noisy and the bigger game will stay away from trails unless in the rut. But I also use 4 wheelers to get rid out game, it's the easiest and fastest way to get out your game. But they can get you further, but walking will get you the furthest!

Comment

yes get a benz silent rider

Comment

I don't think it should be legal to hunt with an ATV, but to go check trail cams and stuff like that should be allowed as your not hunting.

Nate

Comment

In most states it is illegal to hunt from a motor vehicle. I use my 4-wheeler to get to the general vicinity in the woods and if I bag an animal then I use the 4-wheeler to get the animal back to camp, For someone like me who has bad knees and can't hardly get around they are a life saver in getting a deer back to camp. My dragging days are over.

Comment

Agreed with CPT BRAD answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad