Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm trying to decide between buying a Remmington 700 Or a Browning A Bolt. I've heard that they are both reliable accurate guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Remington 700 all the way!!!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Norseman
    replied
    I wouldn't get either; instead get a black rifle in 308 or a M1A/M14 from Springfield in stainless with synthetic stock; slap on a scope and happy hunting; the Mauser action is old school,(nothing wrong with that), but once you try a black rifle you won't go back.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    You should deffinetly go with the Remington 700. Their are more options and parts available for it and I deffinetly think it is made better. The browning a-bolt is not nearly as rugged as the 700.

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    replied
    Remington 700, best rifle ever made.

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Remmington 700 hands down.

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Remmington 700 hands down.

Leave a comment:

• rezavoirdog
    replied
    Remington 700 is the best and most accurate factory bolt action out there, will out-perform and out-last guns costing twice its price!

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    A Remington will generally outshoot a Browning. And if they don't you'll find 100 gunsmiths that can tweak a Remington 9 ways to Sunday. Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• HillbillyDeluxe
    replied
    You can't go wrong with either, but I think the A-Bolt has better balance and to me it feels better. It is also a little more spendy. But like the other guys said, the 700 is a great gun.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Remington 700

Leave a comment:

• texasfirst
    replied
    Remington 700 is my humble recommendation. Put it this way: Marine Corps snipers use a custom made .308, but the action is straight Remington 700.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Both are good but I would get the M700. Have owned several all were good shooters.

Leave a comment:

• rabbitpolice88
    replied
    Remington 700, you won't be sorry.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad