• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many turkeys have you shoot

how many turkeys have you shoot

about 2 a yr for the last 10-12 yrs

Comment

Lost count a few yr ago must be close to a hundred. One yr I shot 8 in 2 states counting Fall and Spring. Best bird was 26 lb with 1 3/8" Spurs and 11 1/2" beard.
      Longest beard was a 19 lb bird with 1 1/4" spurs and 12 1/8" beard. Both from Missouri. Three had multiple beards all came from Kansas.The pics are in my profile.

Comment

I have shot one turkey (i have only been out once), but it was 20 or so pounder with 3/4 inch spurs and a 13 inch beard!!!

Comment

Got my first one last spring, In Wisconsin we have a lottery for tags and you don't get a tag every year.

Comment

Shot several with my shotgun, not as many as Del. I have also taken a couple with my recurve. I hunt easterns mostly, have shot a couple merriams, but eventually would like to hunt all species. It would be a nice challenge.

Comment

I have shot two turkeys, been only out 5 times because I joined the Marine Corps and was deployed. Going to try and take one this year with my compound.

Comment

I have harvested 4 turkeys, seems like we I get one about every other year. I have permission on small piece of property and its kinda hit or miss.

Comment

If any of you folks want to travel Kansas is loaded with turkeys. We have Easterns, Rios and hybrids. Many farmers will let you hunt them cause they eat seed corn after the field is planted. There is plenty of public land also. Google Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks for information. NR tags are cheaper than most states also. There's a reason most of the videos have hunts in Kansas and MO. MO. is loaded with birds too! Just ask Jim in MO.

Comment

After so many years of turkey hunting I don't count them anymore. I have hunted in Georgia, Texas, Florida, Tennessee and Montana, and I have Grand Slammed. It is not unusual for me to call up birds and let them walk off. I just enjoy hunting them!

Comment

0 i have never shot one.

Comment

Nate

Comment

Zero. SO FAR!

Comment

just one but I am working on getting more

Comment

I got one so far!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad