Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best game camera on the market. and why is it the best.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best game camera on the market. and why is it the best.

what is the best game camera on the market. and why is it the best.

I have a Wildview and a Moultrie. The Moultrie is not perfect but is the best of the two.There are some pics from the Moultrie in my profile. One even made the Editors best 30 list. It's cheap (159 bucks at Cabelas) Digital and easy to program. With a good card it will hold hundreds of pics. Biggest problem with all is finding just the right place to set it up. I like places with heavy shade so the sun can't hit the lense an ruin the pic. I covered this in the tips section on the message board. Titled how to get pics of all your local bucks.

Comment

Cuddeview is expensive and says their camera has fast response time. You can get by without that just fine by aiming up or down a trail rather than at right angle. Also create something to stop the deer in your "kill" zone for the camera. I like apples or minerals.

Comment

walmart had moultree on sale for 89 dollars last year. its a 3-4 megapixal I have some very good shots from it but I would go with a little more the flash on mine did not go very far and I think IR would be a better system

Comment

Yeah obviously the more pixals the better, and the CPT is right ir is gonna be better than the flash.

Comment

Cuddeback is by far the best. It has very fast speed. You will have more hole pictures of deer with this than any other camera. I would use nothing else in the woods.

Comment

people have told me moultree are excelent.

Comment

people say moultries are excellent.

Comment

wouldn't know but get one with a good picture and blends into the tree's background.

Comment

For the money I'd go with Moultrie. I have two, a $80 dollar version from bass pro with white flash think its 3mp. It does pretty good. Takes good pics. And I just got another Moultrie, it was $229 from Cabela's. Camo, 5mp, IR, Takes day or night 30 sec. video, quick trigger speed, takes 6 d cells, that are suppose to last 150 days, takes great pics, love it. Plan on getting another.

Comment

Moultrie d-40 I have one and love it.

Comment

I have only had a Moultrie Cam but it has performed very well for me. I have captured some great pictures and it is one of the cheapest trail cams on the market. It would be interesting to try a more expensive one and compair the two.

Comment

Moultrie are working very well for me. I love mine, it takes really nice pics but you gotta make sure to place it right so that the light does not hit it and the deer are not just running by it. Put something in front of the cam to make the deer stop and take a second look.

Comment

I recently bought a cuddeback capture and I love it!! It has a fast trigger and takes good pics. I looked at some cheaper Moultrie and Wildview but after reading some mixed reviews I decided to spend the extra $75 and get the better quality camera that had much, much better reviews. But I never tried a cheaper one so they could work well too I suppose, I just did not want to risk it. Check out this website for info on all tyes of cameras and how they performed on tests: http://chasingame.com/index.php?id=4

Comment

I've had two Moultries and both flawed. One unrepariable and a new one sent, the other $142 to fix the SD case and LED that would not light up. They make a piece of crap. I want a new brand....

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad