Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently bought a CVA Kodiak Pro 209 magnum in .45 cal. I am still trying to figure the right powder bullet (preferably power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently bought a CVA Kodiak Pro 209 magnum in .45 cal. I am still trying to figure the right powder bullet (preferably power

I recently bought a CVA Kodiak Pro 209 magnum in .45 cal. I am still trying to figure the right powder bullet (preferably powerbelt) combo. Input is greatly appreciated.

The best bullet I know and if you like to shoot a lot like me is the Hornady .429 diameter 265 grain soft point. You will need .429 magnum sabots and you will find the bullets in the reloading section.

Comment

.429 is 44 cal

Comment

Thanks but prefer to stay with powerbelts. The y shoot cleaner and seem to be fairly accurate with the right powder.

Comment

I use the Powerbelts with the yellow base and yellow conical tips. I have forgotten how many grains they were.

I also use the "Hodgdon triple se7en, pellets,45/50."
          If I use 2(two)pellets, my accuracy is dead on at 100 yards.

Having the Kodiak Pro Magnum too, I wanted accuracy at 200 yards, but it was somewhat off and inconsistent, using three pellets at 150 grain, for which the muzzle loader was intended for.

The reason I purchased this gun, is because a sales rep was at Bass Pro in Cincinnati, Ohio, asked if I ever hunted with a 30:30 or a .270. The answer was yes for both, as he went on to expain that the .45 caliber would be best suited for me,plus the price was a beter fit for me at the time.

What kind of powder are you using, and how many grains? Is your accuracy where it should be,at 100 yards, 200 yards?

Comment

2 poppa, i also use 195 grain hollow point bullets. I use Hogden triple 7 45/50 powder. It is zeroed in at 150 yards, my average shot. I can shoot out to 200 and only raise the cross hairs a bit.

Comment

One more question KMB, is your trigger pull hard? What I mean is, does the trigger require you to squeeze harder than you think you should?

Mine does and it cost me a monster ... let me know how hard it is to pull.

Comment

2poppa, my trigger seems to be just fine. I am not experienced but i like the amount of pull on my trigger.

Comment

I use the Power belts with the yellow base and yellow conical tips!

Comment

I use the Power belts with the yellow base and yellow conical tips!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by PigHunter
                      I understand the reason someone would pick the heavier bullets. However, heavier bullets cause greater recoil and will affect recovery time and may result...
                      Today, 02:16 PM
                    • Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by jhjimbo
                      Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                      Today, 12:21 PM
                    • Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                      by fitch270
                      I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                      Today, 01:40 PM
                    • 300 yard .22lr
                      by jhjimbo
                      Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                      Today, 11:28 AM
                    • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by jhjimbo
                      I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                      Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X