Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found my first shed saturday. A nice tall 4 pointed left side of a buck I've got trail cam pics of. I spent most of the day to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found my first shed saturday. A nice tall 4 pointed left side of a buck I've got trail cam pics of. I spent most of the day to

I found my first shed saturday. A nice tall 4 pointed left side of a buck I've got trail cam pics of. I spent most of the day today looking for his right side. For you veteran shed hunters, How often do you find the other side? How far apart on average? And if one side is loose does that mean the other side is also? Thanks

In my experience if its one I want the match to I won't find it. I have found some right on top of each other and others 1/2 mi appart, my rattling horns that I use were that far apart, I would say for every 5 sheds I will find 1 pair.

Comment

I'm no expert but usually when they lose one the other will fall in a few days to a week. I'd say within a 1/4 mile more or less. theres really no way to tell though

Comment

I have found them 10 feet apart on several ocassions but most time they fall some distance or even days apart. I watched a buck several years back carry his left side for over two weeks after dropping the right. I saw the right side fall off on landing as he jumped a fence coming into a pasture. He finally knocked the right side off on the cover of a mineral box meant for cattle. The box was 1/2 mile away.

Comment

i have found lots of sheds but never any pairs.

Comment

You gotta look hard in a 300 yrd diameter from the first side. Its hard to do, but worth it.

Comment

The two sides may not be very far apart but they can still be very difficult to find, especially if the area is thick and you cannot cover much ground in a short amount of time.

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

No pairs!

Comment

No pairs!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad