No announcement yet.

Gun season is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer prev question...........I hunt IN.
    If I buy a better vehicle will look into out of state hunts.
    Trying to limp my POS one more year.
    OK, maybe two.
    Hunting buddy has newer vehicle (better MPG too).

Comment

I just have to get the right level on my glasses, no problem with the peep sight. Still as accurate as I was 30 years ago. It might not make any difference anyway. Going up into our camp is practically straight up and rough. The weather service is calling for maybe 10 inches of snow and 40 to 50 mile an hour winds. If this comes I wont be able to get to my hunting area. Of all the times for a storm like this. Back to the muzzleloader my powder was fine because it was in a can where the atmosphere is controlled. The caps in the primer tool where they could get air were the ones that were bad. 15 years is a long time to be exposed to the air. I knew my powder was okay because I have been experimenting with my Pyrodex in my inline muzzleloader and had no problem with it. I have no problem looking at the peep sights as long as I have the right level and I have trained myself to do that over the years, I had to learn which level to use for my scopes too.

Comment

Well it looks like my gun season is over. I woke up sick yesterday and it is blowing and snowing. We made the national news this morning when they reported 60 MPH winds in our area. It blew my 4-wheeler trailer over the wheel chocks into the chain link fence between me and my neighbor. I am feeling rotten and plan on staying in for the next couple days.

Comment

Gusty here. Some lawn stuff blew around.
          Supposed to get snow.........Sat.
          Might walk around with the .243 win Sunday..............see if a yote thinks I'm a dying rabbit.

Comment

Flu big or something making the rounds.
            Been taking kid to medical appointments this week.............trying not to catch anything.

Comment

Some of my friends have been discussing the late Heritage Season for the next 3 days. It is for antlerless deer, bucks or bear. We think it should be earlier for several reasons. Some of our bucks have already dropped their antlers. I shot a deer in the late antlerless season 2 weeks ago for a doe. It was a spike buck that had lost it's antlers. At the distance I shot it it was impossible to see the spots on his head. If it had been a big buck I could have seen the spots where his antlers had been. I is hard to tell a spike buck from a doe at a considerable distance when you can't see a straight on look at it's head. I hope maybe next year they will move the season earlier. The bug made up my mind for me not to go hunting helping me decide if I was going or not.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad