Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wear facial camo while deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wear facial camo while deer hunting?

I know a hunter who marks up his face in different colors to break up the outline of his face.
    I think a kerchief mask would serve the purpose with a lot less labor.

If it's cold I'll wrap my camo scarf over my face. Other than that, no.

Comment

I have a facial camo mask I wear mostly when turkey hunting. A olive drab scarf is about all for big game hunting.

Comment

Deer hunting... no. Occasionally a facemask if it's cold-but usually blaze orange, not camo. I do have some camo mesh masks that I might consider for early season archery, but I haven't used them yet, nor do I have plans to.

I do try to conceal my face while duck hunting, though, either with a facemask, a brimmed hat (and tip your head down), or charred cork smeared on my face to reduce glare (cheekbones and bridge of the nose especially). But nothing extreme and certainly no paint! I'll save the face painting for the carnival.
        -SSSOutdoorsman

Comment

Bow hunt yes, rifle hunt no.

Comment

Nope

Comment

I can't stand having anything on my face. I have a camo mesh thing to break up my facial outline but I rarely use it. I can't stand the moisture from my breath collecting.
              Sometimes I zip up the collar in my coat and stick my face down into it, and breath down into the coat. I might try a neoprene facemask if they wick moisture away.

Comment

Did at one time for X-Bow season! Now nope.

Comment

No

Comment

Only in extreme cold, and those facemasks are black. Haven't used face paint since exiting the military.

Comment

Camo head net for turkey but usually nothing for deer, either bow or rifle seasons. I do have a couple neck gaiters I use. One heavy one for cold weather and a thin spandex type for warmer temps. The thin one occasionally I’ll pull up during bow season but I don’t get a good feel for my anchor point so I tend to pull it back down if I anticipate a shot opportunity.

Comment

I wear a camouflage bandanna most always. Pull it up over my nose as the need arises. More versatile than a net.

Comment

Yes, but more for warmth than concealment.

Comment

No. I'm a stalker not a sit-and-wait deer hunter. Don't wear facial camo while waterfowl hunting either. Many guys do but I'm not ready for messy makeup. Don't need to gut birds that badly. Often after hunting I'll drop into a local roadside cafe and grab a late breakfast. Not going anywhere in public looking like I belong on SEAL Team. Camo duds are bad enough. I guess I can understand it for guys who wear camo stocking caps which seem to be the rage among duck hunters now. Sure you don't have to look around a cap brim (commonly ditch my cap when on the line shooting trap) but I wear glasses and need something to shade my face and cut the reflection off them. Brim of a cap is pretty much the only solution. For those of us who must wear glasses a ball cap is also essential for hunting in rain or snowing. Otherwise looking through slobbered up lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                              I can't stand having anything on my face. I have a camo mesh thing to break up my facial outline but I rarely use it. I can't stand the moisture from my breath collecting.
                              Sometimes I zip up the collar in my coat and stick my face down into it, and breath down into the coat. I might try a neoprene facemask if they wick moisture away.
                              Bucko - Maybe you should just grow a beard.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                My eldest started life as a jailer.
                                Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
                                "I'm tired of getting beat...
                                Today, 06:00 PM
                              • Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
                                Today, 04:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
                                Today, 05:57 PM
                              • Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
                                09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
                                Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X