Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wear gloves while field dressing game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the area of bacterial infections a common bacteria is E.Coli. This bacteria is one of a group called Coliforms which are found in the large intestine of humans and a lot of animals. There are many types of E.Coli, some are harmless, others are deadly. If a animal is processed by a professional and there is no puncture of intestines chances of getting E.Coli are low. The problem is when contents of intestine get on the meat. Then the only defense is cooking to a high temp.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_strains_of_Escherichia_coli. I try raw ground beef that I know comes from a professional butcher. I would not do that from a inexperienced person.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      In the area of bacterial infections a common bacteria is E.Coli. This bacteria is one of a group called Coliforms which are found in the large intestine of humans and a lot of animals. There are many types of E.Coli, some are harmless, others are deadly. If a animal is processed by a professional and there is no puncture of intestines chances of getting E.Coli are low. The problem is when contents of intestine get on the meat. Then the only defense is cooking to a high temp.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_strains_of_Escherichia_coli. I try raw ground beef that I know comes from a professional butcher. I would not do that from a inexperienced person.
      Raw ground beef would be "steak tartare." In the process of grinding, the outer surface of the meat is blended with the interior portion and may not be decontaminated by the frying process. That risk is not present when the piece of meat is intact when fried.

Comment

Hellz to the BLEEP Yeah I DO wear gloves! Are you kidding me? Just think of them as cheap insurance. You have No Idea WTH kinda tough microbes might be out there evolving every day. No Thanks. I know my luck, Jack. That's why I put the gloves on!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
          Mine are the reusable "Big Game Gut Glove". This will be my 4th season xender discord omegle to carry them in my field dressing kit. I purchased the extra large gloves at the deer expo in Birmingham. You can also order them from the website below. They are by far the best gloves I've used for field dressing and are easy to clean even 24 hours later. I like the almost to-the-armpit coverage. Pigs can be very nasty!

Years ago I never used gloves but an experience field dressing a gut shot pig cured me of that! It was on a high hill with no close water or any other way to clean my hands other than wiping them on dead leaves or my clothes. Now I take wet wipes and plenty of tissue as well as gloves!
          I'm calling my congressman and demanding that scientists be made illegal.
          Last edited by DENIMKATY; 08-24-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Favorite Sausage Seasonings for Venison
            by Outlaw
            Gonna be grinding up some of the meat from my deer last Saturday and packaging it as breakfast sausage. Trying AC Legg Old Plantation Seasoning for the...
            Today, 08:44 PM
          • Reply to Snapshot
            by Ontario Honker Hunter
            Outfitter advised that I take $2,000 US with me to Africa and pay the rest with my VISA. Turns out I didn't need more than $700 cash (could have got...
            Today, 08:26 PM
          • Snapshot
            by jhjimbo
            What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
            I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
            Yesterday, 04:28 PM
          • Reply to Give them all they need ...
            by 99explorer
            Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
            When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
            Today, 07:29 PM
          • Give them all they need ...
            by jhjimbo
            I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
            10-19-2019, 08:47 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X