Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good inexpensive way to make a ground blind and or tree stand for deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I use the brush that is around the area that I usually hunt on!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• time2be
    replied
    I like to use the natural stuff around the area I hunt. A fallen tree sitting in the limbs. A tree to my back with some brush or weeds in front. I have even cut some limbs with leaves on them and stuck them in the ground in front of me. Go natural!

Leave a comment:

• tbogg10
    replied
    ive taken deer by simply sitting on the ground with my back to a tree just use good cover scent and be still

Leave a comment:

• Cgull
    replied
    I agree with lawman, use wire fence for a frame, then you can use black plaastic for weather on top and grass, sticks or burlap for the sides.

Leave a comment:

• lawman328
    replied
    Get yourself a 10-20 foot section of wire fence use some wire ties to conect to small trees or you can anchor with wood stakes. If its a tall fence you can cut shooting holes if not you can shoot over it. After you get it set up you can use natural materials to weave into the fence (grass, tree limbs, bark, pine and cedar branches) anything that will weave into the fence to brake up you outline. you can also roll it up and move it easy. While building step back and look at it to see how its blending in.

Leave a comment:

• hunter99
    replied
    get a good gillysuit and sit or whatever and they wont be able to catch any of your movement.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    For a good ground blind just use the brush that is around the area that you hunt and build it up to where you can see and shoot over it comfortably.

Leave a comment:

• coonhunter95
    replied
    Go to a saw mill and get the wooden planks that have bark on one side and screw to 4 trees like a log cabin overlapping though so it will shed water and cut some windows with a chain saw and a door.

Leave a comment:

• jbird
    replied
    Can't add much here, but a chain-saw can speed up ground blind making. Also, I've found that you probably know or are related to someone w/enough scrap lumber laying around to build a good tree stand.

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    I like to use the natural surrounding to build up a blind. I look for a pine or cedar to back my self up to and then dig it down a little bit (clearing all the sticks and leaves and other noise makers) and then surround my spot with down branches and logs. I try to get it up high enough to use some of the stuff as a gun rest.

Leave a comment:

• huntcamp
    replied
    Dead brush or fallen tree limbs. Do not cut any on federal lands for it is illegal. i like camo burlap to put inside the brush to cover up as much movement as possible. As for a tree stand, if you make one make sure it is stury enough before you set it up too high. You can get cheap tree stands for under $100.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad