Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know when the rut typically occurs in Kansas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know when the rut typically occurs in Kansas?

Anyone know when the rut typically occurs in Kansas?

I am not from Kansas but I have read that it starts around mid November. I could be wrong so take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

Early to mid November was a bit off this season because we had an unusually warm fall.

Comment

About the same time as Arkansas early October depending how cool it gets. Last season it started about the second week of October and first of November they were hotter than a ….you get my drift!

Comment

I hunt here in Eastern Kansas every year. The week of Halloween is the time to start hunting hard. Last year we had a cold front come thru the 3rd week of Oct and overnight rubs and scrapes appeared everywhere. My trailcam was set near a large rub got pics of 3 ten points and 2 eight pointers that night. a few days later my arrow found its way thru the chest of one of the 10 pointers when he came in to a grunt call. The peak is probably 2 week of Nov but I prefer to hunt during the chase phase. Late Oct and early Nov is the time for hunting. I will post a couple of those pics in my profile. One buck has a small bush caught in his antlers.

Comment

I posted pics on my profile. One is the buck I shot and the other is bigger but never got a shot at him. I checked and that front came thru Oct 27 and bagged the buck the 29th.

Comment

Early November all through the rest of november is the time to be hunting

Comment

It can vary, it is usually in the month of November, but changes from year to year. The rut begins due a change in the light index and the weather. Population numbers also effects hormone levels. With these three variables you will see different starting dates each year.

Comment

The peak is probably the 2nd week of November!

Comment

The peak is probably the 2nd week of November!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad