Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have any of you shot a coyote and if so with what.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Poppa
    replied
    Teodoro-
    In one coyote, I found,a ball of fur and feathers mixed together,bigger than a softball,a rabbit and squirrel totally intact,just as if someone had just skinned them,and the upper neck vertebrae of a digested turkey, and a whole field mouse!

That was in just one coyote, that I had shot getting ready to catch another turkey in mid-flight from the ground.

Those predators have a relentless appetite. That's why I shoot one everytime I see one. I opened one up and it had a house cat in it,and there wasn't a house around for miles ...

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky Hunter
    replied
    wssm 223 in ky

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    30/06 in south texas

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    I shot my first one with a 444 Marlin while I was deer hunting. A little over kill, but I made a nice top of the neck shot.

Leave a comment:

• libertyfirst
    replied
    I've shot 15-18 with a Mauser 25-06 and 4 with a 22 Mag., three of the mag. ones last winter. I've never shot one with a shotgun and can't remember trying. I have tried to shoot one with a bow and My hats off to anyone who's pulled this stunt off, very difficult indeed. The 25-06 is definitely more gun than you need and the 22 Magnum is only for the patient close range hunter.

Leave a comment:

• grantystyle
    replied
    .22 it does the job without too much overkill as long as your confident in a well placed shot

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I've killed them with a 6.5MM Italian Carcano, a .223, a 25-06, a .270, a 12 guage with #4 buck and with #4 birdshot (very close). I have shot but not killed a couple with a .22 long rifle 40 years ago... I would never do it again because they are too tough... chest shots don't even slow them down and certainly don't kill them cleanly. I respect them too much to shoot at them with a .22. By the way, the #4 birdshot was at 6 yards to the back of the head and he died instantly.

Leave a comment:

• jeffo52284
    replied
    whatever is available i know people who have used a 22 and i have taken shots with my 30-06

Leave a comment:

• Teodoro
    replied
    2Poppa, What have you found?

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    Mostly .243, a few with what ever else I was carrying, going to pick up my newborn and wife a few years back I took one with my .357 S&W, all I had in the car, had to take out the long guns to make room for the baby stuff....

Leave a comment:

• Hunter Savage
    replied
    many . any thing from a 22. lr to a 300. winchester mag

Leave a comment:

• huntfishsleep
    replied
    i got one with a 22 and a bow

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    .22 is good to use

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    My son shot one Sunday with a .22.

Leave a comment:

• 2Poppa
    replied
    Rifle,muzzle loader and bow.
    I always like to open their stomachs to see what they have been eatin'!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad