Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do animal possess a 6th sense? It seems at times, for no reason at all, when you are about to make a kill shot an animal with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes they do!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes they do!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• blackdawgz
    replied
    ESP is not really "extra." All animals do it, and it is considered a primitive trait in humans. Humans quit relying upon it with the development of reasoning ability, as a single brilliant human can outthink an entire group of politicians. They can be a nuisance for long periods of time, but they ultimately are unable to interpret the thoughts of an intelligent person.

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    Some animals can be darn smart...others can be darn dumb!

Leave a comment:

• fisherman1016
    replied
    i think they do but that is me

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Sure seems like they do!!

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    maybe or maybe they just get smart hunting season after hunting season. They have to try to survive

Leave a comment:

• T
    replied
    Man it sure seems like it! Even though they do not I sure know what your talking about!

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    No they don't they have hyper alert 5 senses that make ours look like geriatrics.

Seriously though think about it, you probably have a desk or a den that you are at everyday several hours a day. you can look at your desk, the chair, keyboard post its, pens whatever and know if someone has been at your desk. Deer are the same way, they just have a huge living room or office space and use their senses much better than we do

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    So polished are the whitetail deer's nose and hearing and so powerful the instinct to survive that most deer subject to predation will react to anything, including that intangible sense of being observed, by looking for movement or trying to escape. Noises that are imperceptible to us as humans will be audible to a deer. That may include moving a the safety to the "fire" position, the sling or carrying strap touching other objects as we aim in, the sleeves of our clothing rubbing against the torso of our coat, the "squeak" of a leather boot, and dozens of sounds that are natural or inaudible to us. To a deer, ALL sounds are significant...for the best of reasons; their life depends on it.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    There is a lot of things in the animal world that biologist cannot explain. Why or how a salmon returns to the same river. There is a lot about hibernation of mammals that cannot be explained. The migration of birds cannot totally be explained. It is a fact that animals can predict an earthquake.

I am in the woods almost everyday of hunting season. Hunting is the perfect way to study wildlife and it's habits. I am such a firm believer in the 6th sense that my question should be, is there a 7th sense?

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    I think everything has some form of a sixth sense, even us. You ever have the hairs go up on the back of your neck for no reason, thats gotta be some type of sense. Who knows man.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Fort Chaffee Army Post in Arkansas deer will walk right up to your stand and look straight up at you!

I think it’s some Government Bioengineering going on dar!

Leave a comment:

• pumakitchen
    replied
    Beekeeper has the right idea, I think that wild animals are just more intune with what going on around them. They play off of the rest of the animals in the forest, add that to their heighted senses, and we percieve a 6th sense.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad