Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do animal possess a 6th sense? It seems at times, for no reason at all, when you are about to make a kill shot an animal with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Animals have a heightened sense of awarness compared to us. They are familier with the surroundings they live in. Most live by thier nose and or vision or both. Hearing also plays an important role. We humans don't depend on our senses as much and as a consequence we don't pick up on many things that animals do.

If animals have been disturbed by something such as a sudden influx of 4 wheeler riding deer hunters on opening day or days previous by hunters "scouting" they tend to be on alert. In that state the least little thing can send them running.

Young animals are similar to young people, they don't see danger as clearly and they don't always make the best decisions, in hunting season both can be fatal. As animals become more mature, experience and learned survival behaviors kick in and thier reaction to danger is markedly faster. If they make a mistake or as my Dad says, "Feel a Booger," they make a hasty exit.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    They don't. Either its bad timing or they get spooked by the bullet when it get puts into the chamber.

Leave a comment:

• koeka
    replied
    I call it the heebie-jeebies, it sometimes happens just before my shot, even at far ranges the deer knows somethings up and bam starts to run.......

gives me the rush just before I squeeze the trigger, sometimes you can feel the tension build and then the heebie-jeebies!

Leave a comment:

replied
    It's not a 6th sense, but more acute version of the first five senses.

Nate

Leave a comment:

• victorytw228
    replied
    A 6th sense as in like seeing dead people? No. But i understand what your saying. I too have had a certain deer in my scope when it spooks or gets behind the right bush to present no shot.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I say yes. It just happens too many times.

Leave a comment:

• Do animal possess a 6th sense? It seems at times, for no reason at all, when you are about to make a kill shot an animal with

Do animal possess a 6th sense? It seems at times, for no reason at all, when you are about to make a kill shot an animal with become alert and bolt. What do you guys and gals think?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad