Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the best state to hunt whitetails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bscrandall
    replied
    Georgia is the best. Find the right place and you could tag out. In the southern part of the state, the deer are in the big crop fields. In the northern part, where I live, is one of the best places in the south to get a big deer. Deer grow big on the acorns, corn, and soybeans.

Leave a comment:

• Kansashuntandfish
    replied
    Kansas all the way

Leave a comment:

• grant2
    replied
    georgia i have never been hunting and not seen a deer

Leave a comment:

• fands fun
    replied
    I would say Iowa if you could use a rifle...muzelloader & shot gun only Wisconsin if the rifle season wasnt only 9 days, so I guse My Minnesota will have to due, big body & racks up here but too many does per buck...No Perfect place.

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    huntingkid and shep,
    i live in southern michigan, trust me there are some huge deer down here, only problem is they live in the suburbs and parks and nobody can get at them, last year i saw 3 huge bucks, all around 130 and up. there are 2 colleges near me that own large chunks of woodlands near my house, i know of one 200 inch buck that inhabits on of the college grounds and there are plenty of B and C bucks in those two places as well.

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    i live in michigan and every year i drive to PA to hunt whitetails on opening day. while driving through Ohio i ALWAYS see at least one HUGE buck along the highway, and i know a few guys that hunt there to. OH is gonna have to be my number one big buck destination right now.

Leave a comment:

• AHUNTER
    replied
    Ohio I've seen at least one 160 inch deer or larger 5 years in a row now

Leave a comment:

• OkCountryboy26
    replied
    I definitly agree with the Kansas Hunters killed my first Deer in Kansas when i was 13 160 8 point and now that i am in the Navy stationed out in Va i really truly miss hunting in Kansas, the deer here in Va are the size of a medium dog is really pathetic

Leave a comment:

• Btru5507
    replied
    Look it up

Leave a comment:

• Btru5507
    replied
    Look it up

Leave a comment:

• Btru5507
    replied
    Look it up

Leave a comment:

• rserwe44
    replied
    Wisconsin,Of course!

Leave a comment:

• jscottevans
    replied
    What ever state I am it at that moment

Leave a comment:

• countryboy19
    replied
    i personaly think western and northern kentucky get overlooked a lot i myself and many people i know all together have shot many trophy whitetails and i believe people dont appreciate the bottomlands of western kentucky enough.

Leave a comment:

• shep503
    replied
    Michigan is a great state if you like to shoot fawns.With the mismanagement from our DNR and the long gun season that`s about the only thing left.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad