Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the best state to hunt whitetails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAINE but don;t come here there my deer, LOL

Comment

wisconsin

Comment

Ohio or Kentucky ...

Comment

It's not Illinois either, find another state! Thanks

Comment

Why is it that all deer hunters immediately want to talk antlers. For big bucks I would agree Iowa would get my first nod in the US. But Alerta would have to get my attention as well. If we are talking about "deer" hunting and including does then NC, WV, and many other southern states come to mind. I am more about putting meat in the freezer as most typical hunters in WV are. However given the opportunity to take a nice formed buck, he is down for the count.

Comment

Mississippi! We have over 1.7 million deer

Comment

Texas

Comment

We got many w-tails and a season for rifle hunters from early Oct. till Jan first. (Bow season much earlier) but I will not state which stae, unless we cane charge the NR the fees I pay to hunt out west. I understand Kansas has huge deer with large HORNS, and they should with all the grain produced there. I do know that the Rockies is lacking in both w-tails and Mulies now, so go Mid-west or deep south. If you Billfold is bulging, then go to Texas.Every Tom, Dick and HArry goes the fist few days of deer season, orange everwher. Wait a week or so, let the deer settle down then go hunting in most states, be patient for old big boy to show up, he will sooner or later. If teh bigger make it thru the first 2-3 days, chances he will beddown and stay put till dark then after the guns stop shoting he will fall back into his normal pattern proving the rut is not over. Rut here is the first week of season and the 2nd is aBOUT 30 DAYS LATER. i KILLED A HUGE W-TAIL LAST YEAR ON DEC. 16 which appeared the late season fawn does came in. Good hunting, great deer are where you can hunt and find them. Shoot-um-straight and often.

Comment

TEXAS!!

Comment

I live in the Bluegrass State(Kentucky for those who don't know). River bottom bucks in the western part of the state are big, but I would have to say that the biggest ones I have seen come from Wisconsin. I travel to Wisconsin about 3-6 times a year to visit family and the stories and pictures I see of harvested bucks are phenomenal. I would have to agree with golfing sportsman about the habitat. I have been all over the state from the corn fields and swamp lands of the south to the big north woods up around Black River Falls and Chippewa Falls and have been very impressed. The buck that was captured on film and harvested this year in Buffalo County that may be? the new record is only proof that big 'uns grow in Wisconny. I know there are bigger ones than that lurking in the Badger State.

Comment

does Canada count? some big ol' bruisers in good ol' Sassy.

Comment

Iowa or wisconsin

Comment

Ohio seems to have some big ones. Although it is closer to me and I know a bunch of people who hunt there.

Comment

Wisconsin or all of midwest states.

Comment

I have hunted in some great places in Nebraska Oklahoma and north Missouri but I don’t think you can beat Kansas I have hunted all over the state, you can find big deer almost anywhere, but northeast Kansas has more than a few monsters.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad