Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the best state to hunt whitetails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huntingkid95
    replied
    I live in Michigan and would say we have a lot of deer, ecspecially in the southern counties, but we don't have the big ones. But there are some big ones in the U.P. The best states for whitetail hunting would be the midwest states (Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa) and Texas too.

Leave a comment:

• Brittle
    replied
    WISCONSIN HAS BEEN THE RECORD HOLDER FOR CENTURIES IT HAS THE BEST DEER EVAR

Leave a comment:

• Brittle
    replied
    mostly the midwest
    everyone knows the huge bucks come from wisconsin this year a new record was set from where oh yea wisconsin

Leave a comment:

• Northernhunter
    replied
    Most people say that it's hard to shoot a big buck in maine, but you just gotta find the right spot! There are monsters here, especially what my dad shot the other day... every year we pull out one big one.

Leave a comment:

• jordjohn44
    replied
    The U.P. of Michigan. Great area. Plenty of deer. Awesome locals.

Leave a comment:

• mmtranberg
    replied
    Wisconsin or Minnesota me and my brother hunt there and we have taken some big ones.

Leave a comment:

• bgreen902
    replied
    I live in PA and there are some hunters that go out a few days a year but there are many hunters that go out much more than that....and remember some dont have to go out all the time if they have already harvested their deer

Leave a comment:

• micropterus
    replied
    Illinois.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I say Iowa.........Great state to hunt whitetails!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I say Iowa.........Great state to hunt whitetails!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bpBowhunter
    replied
    I have hunted in some great places in Nebraska Oklahoma and north Missouri but I don’t think you can beat Kansas I have hunted all over the state, you can find big deer almost anywhere, but northeast Kansas has more than a few monsters.

Leave a comment:

• huntcamp
    replied
    Wisconsin or all of midwest states.

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    Ohio seems to have some big ones. Although it is closer to me and I know a bunch of people who hunt there.

Leave a comment:

• PotterMan96
    replied
    Iowa or wisconsin

Leave a comment:

• dakasper
    replied
    does Canada count? some big ol' bruisers in good ol' Sassy.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad