Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many dear have you killed in your life? what is the name of your gun? what kind of gun do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many dear have you killed in your life? what is the name of your gun? what kind of gun do you use?

how many dear have you killed in your life? what is the name of your gun? what kind of gun do you use?

5 deer, deer slayer, and 12. and 20. gauge. og and you spelled deer wrong its D E E R.

Comment

A "bunch"(quit counting years ago). I use .308,.300 Win. Mag., 12ga., and 20ga.
      "Ma Bell"-.300, "Christine"-.308,"Thumper"-12ga.,"Thumper Jr."-20ga.
      That cover all your questions young man?

Comment

More than one and less than 100. I use a Marlin 44 magnum lever-gun, and a T/C Encore 50 cal. muzzleloader. My 44 mag's name in Mr.KFW (means Kah [email protected]#in' Wham) and the Encore has not yet earned it's name.

Comment

2 russian 762x54

Comment

2 deer im 13

Comment

I think around 30-35. Had years where I've killed a bunch and goose egged a few. They've all been good years.

Comment

Can't remember, more than a few. I remember most were good hunts whether I got a deer or not. Only one rifle has a name, "Ol' Deathwind" (sort of cheesy).

HJOHN429 - I think I'm going to borrow your .44's name without the F-bomb and the Mr. for my Weatherby. KW -"Ka-Wham"! I like it.

Comment

Over a 100-deer,I named my gun,"Meat Grinder,"
                  and it is a .300 Weatherby.

WA Mtnhunter-
                  I like HJOHN429's name, for his .44 too.

PS
                  I've had a few dear's that were killer's too!

Killer on the eyes ...

Comment

2Poppa

"I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was"!

LOL

Comment

The most I've taken in one year was 6. Done that twice but some years did not deer hunt at all because was overseas in the army etc. The total is(I think) around 70 or 80 whitetails, Sitka BT's and 1 mulie. I haven't really named any guns.

Comment

34 bucks not sure how many does more than the bucks . 243. 308. 375win 06 heck most of the common calibers some odd balls bow and muzzle loader, pistol. my 375 is the mammal hammer.

Comment

I bet that the amount is over 60 and under 80 but I honestly don't know. I do know that Whitetail deer are the best meat on the planet and I've eaten an awful lot of it! I would guess that 3/4 of the deer I've shot have been with the bow and the rest with various rifles or handguns. I've never shot a deer with a shotgun that I can remember. The rifle That I use the most on deer is the Winchester 94 in 30-30.

Comment

I would say about 30, been hunting for 20. Do not name my guns. 30'06 Browning, 480 Ruger, bow for whitetails and bear ram and hogs. tasty critters minus the bear from Canada, and ram tasted terrible.

Comment

100+
                              only 1 kill with a shotgun and 1 kill with a rifle
                              The rest were bow kills
                              100 may sound like a lot but I've been hunting well over 30 years in multiple states.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad