Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of bullets should i load if i am going to hunt moose in Minnesota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of bullets should i load if i am going to hunt moose in Minnesota?

What kind of bullets should i load if i am going to hunt moose in Minnesota?

What cartridge you shooting, I used Hornady 225 Soft Points in my 338 Win Mag and the best moose kill on the biggest Winkle was a 17ish year old with a 30-06 shooting Remington 180 grain Core-Lokt®.

ken.mcloud said it best!

“So, I think that the superior killing power of larger rounds is largely in our heads.(likely testosterone induced) A flat-shooting round that you can accurately place will produce as many if not more "bang-flop" kills as a heavy caliber round.”

Comment

My preference is for Barnes triple X or Nosler Partitions in the caliber you choose. Go with a fairly heavy bullet for your caliber. For example 180 gr in 30 caliber or 250 gr in 35 caliber.
      Swift makes very good bullets also. While these are expensive bullets. Compared to the cost of everything else it's not much money for a bullet that gives you more confidence.

Comment

Oh sorry I'm shooting a .30-06

Comment

I agree with Del answer!

Comment

I agree with Del answer!

Comment

I agree with Del answer!

Comment

I agree with Del answer!

Comment

I agree with Del answer!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Voter Fraud
                    by 99explorer
                    The reason Trump drew so much support from the black community is that Biden's Crime Bill of 1994 had put so many of the brothers behind bars.
                    Today, 03:37 PM
                  • Voter Fraud
                    by bowhunter75richard
                    For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
                    11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
                  • Reply to Voter Fraud
                    by bowhunter75richard
                    When uneducated people continue to vote for the man instead of the agenda of a party, we will continue to see the BS that is being reported to us after...
                    Today, 02:23 PM
                  • Reply to Copper bullets
                    by Sarge01
                    Like I said before I didn't have very good results with Barnes Triple Shocks. This year I loaded 165 grain Hornady SST's in my 300WSM. I shot an 8...
                    Today, 02:20 PM
                  • Copper bullets
                    by Brad P
                    So I’m sure it’s been asked already, but I haven’t found the answer I was looking for. With the newer solid copper bullets that are being made theses...
                    11-05-2020, 11:48 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X