Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does everyone tinker with their deer stands or areas in which they hunt the most? I know i all ways say I should do th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matouse3
    replied
    Yeah, I try to think about what I would like to change based on my scouting during late season and in the winter and then make some moves in early August. Mainly just trimming up lanes, and adding at least one more stand. Then, like Del, I try to stay out of there the best that I can, except for the occasional check of the trail cams.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I might go by in August and cut shooting lanes. After that I stay away until the day I hunt there. Just slip in and climb a good preselected tree with my Summit Goliath climbing stand and spend the day. Experience shows that usually see the most deer first time then fewer each time after that. Deer definitely wise up to a stand fast.

Leave a comment:

• How much does everyone tinker with their deer stands or areas in which they hunt the most? I know i all ways say I should do th

How much does everyone tinker with their deer stands or areas in which they hunt the most? I know i all ways say I should do this and do that, but I always find less is more.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad