Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a lot of people have been saying a 12 guage is over kill for a deer and suggesting i buy a 20 instead. what do you think? im onl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    12 guage is not over kill for a deer!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kim
    replied
    comfort and confidence is what counts

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    Use the 12gauge. I cannot see how it is over-kill for a deer.

Leave a comment:

• NYhunter
    replied
    when in dout get a bigger gun. A 12 BLOWS thrue a deer , a 20 does not ever go thrue a deer. go with the 12ga ,allwase go with the 12 GAUGE!!!

Leave a comment:

• samuel wilson
    replied
    12 ga is the best shot gun no way i would use a 20ga i get mad when people on tv stoot 20 ga

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    I have heard of a 410 killing dear. But 12ga. or even 10ga. is not over kill. Overkill would be a 300 weatherby at 50 yards.

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    Not overkill, not even close. I would get the 12ga. that way you can grow into it. I started with a 20ga. at 14, killed deer with it, but I moved up to a 12 within a couple years. If this is going to be a strictly deer gun, I like the H&R single shot for a slug. Put a 3x9 on it, and you have a deer killing machine.

Leave a comment:

• buddyboy564
    replied
    I would certainly take the 12 over the 20 for deer, 12 is no overkill, just like kyle i would even choose a 10 over a 12

Leave a comment:

• muskiemaster
    replied
    I don't know who told you that but the 12 gauge is just fine and totally ethical.

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    I shoot a 12 because that is what I have, but if I were going to buy a "Slug Gun" it would be a 20. It is lighter, handier, lower recoiling and just as effective on the business end. If you want an all around shotgun you can't go wrong with a 12, but for a dedicated slug gun I think a 20 is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    I'll take the 12 also, certainly not overkill.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad