Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a remedy for mesquitos when your deer hunting and its too hot to cover up completely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a remedy for mesquitos when your deer hunting and its too hot to cover up completely.

Anybody have a remedy for mesquitos when your deer hunting and its too hot to cover up completely.

I guess this is more of a question as well, but I have seen that Thermocell product out there for mosquitos. supposed to be scent free and good for deer hunting. Anyone use one? Does it work?
    I use a camo bug suit, its like a screen so you get some air when its hot out, but its hard to cover completely up when you are bow hunting and use a peep sight.

Comment

Where did you get the suit and how much it cost you? You happy with its performance?

Comment

I use the Therma Cell regularly. It works. I've never noted a problem with spooked game. I use it in a climbing stand as well as ground blinds. It also is good company in the turkey woods.

Comment

underarmour heatgear which doesn't keep the heat in and if your all out you can get it in camo and wear a short sleeve shirt or long sleeve.

Comment

I am also a fan of the thermacell. they keep the skeeters off and I virtually hunt in a swamp sometimes.

Comment

Thermacell would be my choice as well.

Comment

I got the bug suit from Cabelas. It was around 40 bucks for the top and bottom. I returned the first one I bought because it was too small. You have to make sure its big enough so that its not sitting flat against your skin, otherwise the buggers can just bite right through. Once I rectified that problem, I was very happy with it.

Comment

Start hunting in Saskatchewan! You won't get bit by mosquitoes when it's -30

Comment

Its on my dream hunts list for sure.

Comment

Ya Saskatchewan hunting is alot of fun! We have some nice bucks here. I'm hoping one of them is on my wall next year! That and/or a moose! Where do you hunt that mosquitoes are a problem?

Comment

Kentucky. I swear they are attracted to me. Its not that much of a problem when its cold but early bow season is the best time to hunt for me, being a student, and they can be vicous. I actually had to leave a hunt last September while I was getting good deer activity because I couldn't take it anymore. I had on long sleeves and gloves in hot weather but you just cant cover everything enough. They were even biting me through my pants and shirt.

Comment

I've never had that problem while hunting but I can't see it being fun. All I've ever hunted is rifle season in Saskatchewan so it's never been an issue. Good luck with finding the solution

Comment

I appreciate it, you too. You should give bow hunting a try. I didn't put much stock into it until I was given one as a gift and now I would rather bow hunt than anything else. Nothing like being 30 yards from a buck that knows something fishy is goin on.

Comment

By you too I meant good luck on the hunt, not the skitter problem.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad