Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have found a scrape to hunt over recently. What should I do to make the most of it? Should I use a call or what? Don't have mu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have found a scrape to hunt over recently. What should I do to make the most of it? Should I use a call or what? Don't have mu

I have found a scrape to hunt over recently. What should I do to make the most of it? Should I use a call or what? Don't have much experience hunting over scrapes.

Personally, I would leave it alone and set up a stand downwind of it where I could keep an eye on it.

Comment

Ok, that is kinda what I have been doing.

Comment

I don't pay too much attention to scapes this time of year other than checking to see if they're st ill active. I don't believe they are high traffic at this point. As mentioned above, bucks will check'em from downwind.

Comment

find a trail that leads downwind of the scrape. since most activity around sign like this is at night, follow that trail for about 50-100 yards, then put up a ground blind or tree stand. hopefully you will catch a buck at the last minutes of shooting light, making his way to scent check the scrape.

Comment

steve- Actually, my state has the latest rut in the US. So the bucks are still running and the scrapes are fresh as far as I can tell.

Comment

Pee on it, splash some mountain dew on it and then take a stand 50yds away. I have not tried that but have heard it works.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad