Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many deer did you shoot this season? did you use a gun or bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I meant I never got a spot of blood on my clothing. Of course my hands got bloody. Cleaned up nicely in a creek that happened to be nearby but damned that water was cold!

I was very pleased to leave that young fella with some great memories to carry with him till he's old and grey like me. Generally I prefer to hunt alone but sometimes there are perks to sharing my time with others.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I meant I never got a spot of blood on my clothing. Of course I got bloody. Cleaned up nicely in a creek that happened to be nearby but damned that water was cold!

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I don't hunt big game any more but as usual I still managed to gut out a couple of deer this fall. Received quite a compliment from one hunter's dad. He said he'd wished he'd been taking notes while I was doing his kid's deer. It was terrible cold and wind blowing so I volunteered to put the boy out of his misery and do it. Total strangers by the way. Kid did a good job shooting it so I didn't have to waste much time or frozen fingers dealing with messed up insides. I'm guessing I was done in seven or eight minutes. Never got a spot of blood on me either ... until I helped load it in their truck. Should have quite while I was ahead! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Steve in Virginia
    replied
    Took a total of seven -- one with a muzzleloader and the rest with rifles. Several shot opportunities during bow season, but all were too young.

Leave a comment:

• rfleer87
    replied
    Shot 1 buck during November Firearm season and two anterless bucks not knowing they were buck during late Firearm season

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Zero had to work most of it. and the truck broke down and was in the shop that last week. But that is the breaks in the game.

Leave a comment:

• LostLure
    replied
    Missed a doe with my bow at the begining of the season and ended up getting a nice mature 7pt with the rifle at the end of the season

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    One doe with the Xbow and one with the muzzleloader. Still looking for the elusive three season hat trick but two will get the family through the year.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Passed on a few small bucks. Shot a button buck thinking it was a doe. I know, amateur mistake. I was part of a very successful hunt where my little cousin shot a v.big buck. That was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    I've gotten five does so far, for my freezer and for friends' freezers, and we have until the end of the month to go. We are allowed two antlerless deer per day all during the 74 day season, and one buck per day, up to a total of three bucks with some antler restrictions.

I've passed on some smaller bucks and if I can find a big one, I'll take him. (Our rut is just now under way.)

Leave a comment:

• .30-06Hunter
    replied
    Worst season in eight years. I shot one deer the last day of the season with a Ruger M77 .30-06.

Leave a comment:

• Proverbs
    replied
    One mule deer buck with rifle. Only get one permit in Arizona, where you have to beat the draw/lottery odds to get the permit in the first place. Didn't go to Wisconsin or Texas this year.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Nada

Leave a comment:

• ALJoe
    replied
    2 bucks. A 10 and a 7. Got about a week left to try and get my third.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    We had a Good Season and some Club members did better then others, but on the hole every one got a deer or more.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Vacating Afghanistan
    by jhjimbo
    Another useless post by the idiot. The U.S. legally turned the equipment over to the Afgan Army and Government, not just trained the Afgan on our equipment....
    Today, 11:04 PM
  • Vacating Afghanistan
    by jhjimbo
    Have you heard the equipment left behind is really the Afghan Army equip we gave to them when we were training them....
    Today, 02:50 PM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by jhjimbo
    Not everyone believes those are 'positive' acievements....
    Today, 11:00 PM
  • Real Quiet
    by jhjimbo
    Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
    09-17-2021, 12:23 AM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by jhjimbo
    My Sister, taught by our Mother, is a excellent coupon shopper. So good,, She has had situations where the store paid her to leave....
    Today, 10:56 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X