Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many deer did you shoot this season? did you use a gun or bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot 1 buck during November Firearm season and two anterless bucks not knowing they were buck during late Firearm season

Comment

Took a total of seven -- one with a muzzleloader and the rest with rifles. Several shot opportunities during bow season, but all were too young.

Comment

I don't hunt big game any more but as usual I still managed to gut out a couple of deer this fall. Received quite a compliment from one hunter's dad. He said he'd wished he'd been taking notes while I was doing his kid's deer. It was terrible cold and wind blowing so I volunteered to put the boy out of his misery and do it. Total strangers by the way. Kid did a good job shooting it so I didn't have to waste much time or frozen fingers dealing with messed up insides. I'm guessing I was done in seven or eight minutes. Never got a spot of blood on me either ... until I helped load it in their truck. Should have quite while I was ahead! :-)

Comment

I meant I never got a spot of blood on my clothing. Of course I got bloody. Cleaned up nicely in a creek that happened to be nearby but damned that water was cold!

Comment

I meant I never got a spot of blood on my clothing. Of course my hands got bloody. Cleaned up nicely in a creek that happened to be nearby but damned that water was cold!

I was very pleased to leave that young fella with some great memories to carry with him till he's old and grey like me. Generally I prefer to hunt alone but sometimes there are perks to sharing my time with others.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad