Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need advice about where to place blinds and tree stands on 100 acres in tx. I have photo of area and have hunted there for two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice about where to place blinds and tree stands on 100 acres in tx. I have photo of area and have hunted there for two

I need advice about where to place blinds and tree stands on 100 acres in tx. I have photo of area and have hunted there for two seasons but not sure if blinds are in best locations

No Photos Yet!
    Just Guessing Place T-Stands in the woods and on the edge of a Wood line near a food plot,corn feeders or water or tank(Texas for Pond)bedding area, I'm not high on ground blinds do to "Snakes" the same in Fl,Put you some Trail Cams out on deer trails,rubs,etc.

Comment

Jsegel
      What county?
      (west Texas, east Texas, south, central, Hill Country?)

Comment

Treestand
        (Texas for Pond) ROTFLMAO!!!!
        Got a good friend who labeled any farm pond a "bass pool"!
        Never asked why, I suppose it's where he fished for bass as a kid!
        I've used the term "tank" often.
        Actually, I think they would classify better as a "farm pond"! Once they reach more than an acre or so in size, I guess you could then call them a "lake"?
        (farm lake!?) LOL!
        Just tickled my funny bone! Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

It was a hole new Langwich when I moved their in 1987. "Barr ditch"?? Ice House=7-11
          your welcome for the Laugh!!

Comment

How do I send a photo ? And county is Fayette

Comment

Okay Jsegel.
              Rugged ground. Lots of limestone, live oaks, gullys, smallish (an acre or so) scattered openings? Kinda hilly?

I'd work around those little openings.
              I'd either plant food plots or run feeders.
              With an area as small as 100 acres, you're going to have singular areas.
              Basically, you're going to have a bedding area. Or maybe a feeding area. But then it may just be a "travel route".
              With a small-ish spot like that, if there isn't a natural "draw", you're going to have to create a "draw". Food plot, bedding, water, etc.
              I would start with a feeder in one of those secluded little openings. Try to findone that already sshows use by deer.
              Set the feeder in the center. Place a low stand (not over 10 to 14 feet high) on the south side if the opening tucked up in one of those live oaks. A pop-up, set back into a cedar also would work.
              The feeder shouldn't run over 2 to 3 seconds. You don't want to "fatten" the deer, you just want them to amble by for a snack. My feeders only run for 1 second.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad