Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather spend a single weekend in the woods and hang an old bruiser buck, or six weeks on and off mostly doing outfitte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather spend a single weekend in the woods and hang an old bruiser buck, or six weeks on and off mostly doing outfitte

Would you rather spend a single weekend in the woods and hang an old bruiser buck, or six weeks on and off mostly doing outfitter/guide chores and kill 3 non trophy deer 1 in every separate season?

3 non trophy deer = more meat in the freezer.
    1 big buck = a rack to hang on the wall and less meat. every deer is a trophy in my book. any way, the more time in the woods the better.

Comment

Ditto Habben

Comment

I would say the 6 weeks and three deer. I would rather the time in the woods away from the daily grind of life. Plus like Habben said more meat in the freezer. And one last point three more stories to tell my kids one day. For me hunting is not about getting the biggest deer its more about enjoying the beauty of nature and God's handy work. The times back around the camp fire sharing tall tales with a hint of truth and a lot of exaggeration.

Comment

How about 6 weeks in the woods and 1 trophy buck?

Comment

DITTO~ The WAM
            Our Deer Season ends on 19,Jan 2014. It will be Dog hunts for the next two weekends.just mite be Trophy Buck Time??

Comment

Time in the woods and meat in the freezer are always my top priority.

Comment

Woods and meat equals a happy man in my book, and a happy family.

Comment

We all get different things out of hunting. You hunt the way that puts the biggest grin on your face. Only you can answer that.

Me, I hunt as much as I can get away with (not enough), see lots of bucks but pass almost all of them, taking one I just can't pass about every 10 years or so. I take 2 or 3 does every year.

That's what keeps the grin on my face and meat in my freezer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                    by FirstBubba
                    jimbo don't like me. LOL! 😉! I caught him and called his hand....
                    Today, 07:26 PM
                  • Rest Easy
                    by jhjimbo
                    Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                    Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                  • Reply to More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                    by FirstBubba
                    Talk about caught twixt a rock and a hard spot!
                    Never did like Graham. He just looks cheesy to me.

Did appreciate what Graham did for...
                    Today, 07:18 PM
                  • More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                    by crm3006
                    Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                    Today, 05:22 PM
                  • Reply to Rest Easy
                    by jhjimbo
                    I have blocked several that do not post anything worth reading, off topic wrong information, or pivoting on a thread.
                    The site is much more enjoyable...
                    Today, 07:02 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X