Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best/nicest hunting or fishing related item you gave or received for Christmas? Not something you gave yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best/nicest hunting or fishing related item you gave or received for Christmas? Not something you gave yourself.

What is the best/nicest hunting or fishing related item you gave or received for Christmas? Not something you gave yourself.

A Daisy Red Ryder. I wz the bluejays' nemesis in the fig orchard.

Comment

One of my Lady friends bought me a Portable tree stand last X-Mass, and now she wants to be my Hunting buddy Mmmmmmmmm???

Comment

Many moons ago I got a Marlin 1894 and last Christmas I gave my Grandson a Henry .22, this year I am hooking my youngest daughter with a soft side tackle box with a few dozen lures, jigs,plugs, and soft baits. And Treestand, having your lady friend as a hunting partner could be great on your part. I know several husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend hunting teams and they are always in the woods on on the water busting waterfowl.

Comment

My dad bought me the shotgun I shoot to this day for Christmas in 1965. A used Model 12 Winchester 12 gauge 30 in full choke. I slept with that gun for a week. The best gift possible for a bearded Labrador owning duck hunter. I'm not doing anywhere as well as that gun is. It will function well for the next 5 or ten decades, I am not doing nearly as well.

Comment

When I was about 8 I wrote a 4 page letter to 'Santa' stating why I should have a BB gun, and how I would take care of it and use it responsibly. I wished for the pump model Daisy.
            Well, I got the gun on Christmas morning, immediately proceeded to load it and went to the back window. One shot, poof, flop, got a Grackle at 10yds with one head shot.

Comment

The best Christmas I ever received was a Winchester Model 67 single shot .22 rifle that I got for Christmas when I was 13. My Dad paid $1 a week till he got it paid for, it cost $11.95. I am 67 years old today and I can remember it like it was yesterday. This will be the 3rd Christmas without my Dad but I always remember him giving me that .22 rifle, it was so special especially when I know how hard he had to work to buy it. Our kids today can't comprehend how hard times were 55 years ago growing up for some of us. They can't believe that I had two presents under the Christmas tree. I took one of them from under the tree on the 23rd and opened it for my birthday and then had one present under the tree for Christmas. Our kids would respect money and material things more today if they still had it that way.

Comment

Happy birthday Sarge! Mine was just four days ago. On your 40th birthday I was, as my loving wife refers to it, hatched. As a token of respect of your birthday I would like to shed a small light on the appreciation I have for you on this site. Thanks again Sarge.

Comment

That should have read, four days before your birthday I was hatched.

Comment

This year I found some old spinners in my grandfather's tacklebox that I refurbished and sent to my brother who is getting into muskie fishing. I hope grandpa will guide some muskies to him this spring. I would be neat if you caught his first one on a lure our grandpa used to use.

Comment

Well, not to make this comment section sound like a broken record, but the best gift i have received so far was a daisy red ryder. I may live in a suburban area, but no beer bottle within a square mile was safe from me and that daisy.

Comment

A pump Daisy air rifle and a couple of years later when I was 11, a Stevens 94 12 gauge shotgun that I still have. BB-gun is long gone.

Comment

Oh, and I gave my son a Remington 870 combo for Christmas 21 years ago. He used it to kill two geese on our hunt this morning :-). Dawgs are wore out, so don't know if we will go tomorrow or not.

Comment

An old girl friend back during my younger single days bought me a beautiful oak wooden gun case.
                            I still have it but my best guns are kept in my Browning gun safe and the cheaper guns are kept in the wooden gun case. One shot with a hammer would smash the front glass on the wooden gun case making it easy for thieves to steal my guns. I ran a locking steel cable through the trigger guards so the crooks would have to carry ten guns at one time.

Comment

I gave my Dad a brand new Randal knife. I ordered it years ago and it arrived exactly when they said it would. He opened the package early, and is absolutely thrilled with it.

~Laker

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad