Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently posted a story about the excess Deer problem on Long Island N.Y.. It seems a South African Philanthropist has offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently posted a story about the excess Deer problem on Long Island N.Y.. It seems a South African Philanthropist has offered

I recently posted a story about the excess Deer problem on Long Island N.Y.. It seems a South African Philanthropist has offered a novel solution at no cost to the tax payer. See the first post.

www.danspapers.com/.../lions-released

Comment

Great idea.
      I"m glad to hear that Van der Klerk is a man who solves problems, because there is going to be a big one on January 9th, when they try to round those lions up.

Comment

Come to think about it, I have a feeling this is never going to come off.
        Somebody is going to get an injunction against der Klerk to prevent him from releasing the lions on his property and then allowing them to roam off onto other private and public lands, endangering public safety.

Comment

Why dosen't he trap some deer and export them to S.Africa?

Comment

The antis will think eight male lions eating the Hamptons deer isn't Humane.

The antis would rather use the stupid birth control pellets on controlling the deer population.
            What a joke that is!

By the way, nobody will be robbing and homes during those eight days in the Hamptons knowing lions are running loose.

It is a lot similar to that city town council in Georgia that made a law where everybody in town must own a gun.

Comment

Instead of relocating deer to South Africa he can just relocate them to VA. It's closer so shipping costs would be reduced and then we VA hunters would be happy - it's a win-win.

Comment

26 male lions will eat a lot of venison, like a previous poster, I see a pretty good problem rounding them all up come time to go. That is when you will see a good idea turn bad. Merry Christmas

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad