Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok I have been hunting for almost 13 years now have taken 4 bucks in my deer hunting span all have seemed normal or at least the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I have been hunting for almost 13 years now have taken 4 bucks in my deer hunting span all have seemed normal or at least the

Ok I have been hunting for almost 13 years now have taken 4 bucks in my deer hunting span all have seemed normal or at least the ones with racks did. Took a look at a trail camera the other day and saw a buck the right side went straight up like a spike but had 4, 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch points on it counting a normal looking brow tine. The other side looked to be an antler that came out then forward and down resembling a pumpkin stem. The deers body seemed to be pretty good between 160 - 185lbs just wondering what could cause antler growth like this. I know that I have read it could be inbreeding, also what I have read is he could have been injured somehow. Anyone out there have any other ideas? Or is this just the way the "Good Lord" made him.

JMO~You Answered most of your own Question, My guess would be Damage from a Fight or Genetic disorder.

Comment

I figure I did I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something... I think it will come down to culling out some bucks and does

Comment

They do make an Awesome Mount, I have Two on my wall!

Comment

My guess is it survived a traffic accident (nasty blow to that side of the head) but fighting and genetic disorders are also definite possibilities. I also had one similar rack mounted.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad