Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year on my trail cameras I snapped a pic of a bachelor group of bucks still in velvet. A 8, 6, and a spike. I haven't seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year on my trail cameras I snapped a pic of a bachelor group of bucks still in velvet. A 8, 6, and a spike. I haven't seen

This year on my trail cameras I snapped a pic of a bachelor group of bucks still in velvet. A 8, 6, and a spike. I haven't seen the spike or the 6 point since. But on my property I've seen a button buck and a 4 point. Here's the question. The 8 point is still around because I run into him on the road sometimes still with the does. He's been with the well before the rut had even started the does come into the bait pile only after dark. How do I bring the big 8 into the property during the daytime? The four point comes in all the time during the day. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Take out the 4Pt Buck its his place Now.Then the 8Pt will take its place, or use some Code Blue Doe Pee or a Rattle Bag to call in that 8Pter.

Comment

I used code blues standing doe estrus and code blue buck urine on a leading rope and still nothing

Comment

The funny thing is, the 8 point seems to live like 20 yard from my driveway. The farmers the have land behind mine lease the land to hunters during deer season. Could that have anything to do with the surplus amounts of young to old bucks I have coming into my property?

Comment

Deer are Not Dumb! After Opening day of [Gun Season] they tend to seek heavy cover, in general Spicks to 4Pt and 6Pters are taken on The first day of the season. Older Bucks take to heaver cover, They get stupid during the RUT and post RUT. NOW heavy movement on a lease will move Deer to areas with less movement.That could be why you see a greater number of of Deer on your land.

Comment

My land is a total of ten acres. The ten acres includes man made trails that all intersect at the pond I made with my backhoe. The ten acres also includes 4 acres of swampy marsh. The majority of the acreage is thick hilly terrain. Where I bait is right by the pond where all the trails intersect. Still having no luck unless it's 11 pm. I was using two bait piles. One across the marsh and then the one by the pond. I could sit and look off the back deck and almost like clock work the deer would come into the bait pile across the marsh. But they won't come into the other until night fall.

Comment

Leave the bucks to grow for another day and take a doe.

Comment

I haven't seen a doe I'd like to take. Their all medium in size. The 4 point looks odd on his rack. He has four really tall points at the top then nothing else the rest of the way down. Could he be an older deer too?

Comment

Shoot the high four pt if he's big bodied.

Comment

The 4 point is bigger but not as big as the 8. The eight is taller but thinner. The four point is shorter but has more girth too him. Do you think taking the four is worth it at this point?

Comment

Bbellant, last year I had a nine point buck that was nocturnal.

The full moon days he was moving during the afternoon.
                      Below is my 11:41 in the morning trail cam photo of this nine point buck staring at my trail camera.

www.fieldandstream.com/photos/trophyroom/recent/single?pnid=1001478037#1001478037

Comment

Here is the same nine point buck at night with another smaller nine point buck.

www.fieldandstream.com/photos/trophyroom/recent/single?pnid=1001477971#1001477971

Comment

The four point comes it at same and I mean same exact times during the day 730 am 1230 pm and then 330-5 pm. How do I load pics to show off the deer on my property?

Comment

I just posted a pic on my profile go take a gander too see what I'm after

Comment

I would shoot either of those deer if they gave me a chance. Many here will say let'm grow another year. Not me,... I may not be here next year!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad