Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a point of amusement there was a story on the local news. It seems Long Island N.Y is over run with excess of 35,000 Deer. If

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Glad to hear it M.A.T/Dallas. Looking forward to seeing some posts about the hunting/fishing in your home state. I know a few guy's that spent time in Texas. They did mention a sever Hog problem that lends itself to some good hunting. We all know about Lone Star Beer, the Dallas Cheer Leaders and the Alamo. None of that can be bad.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• M.A.T
    replied
    Carl,
    I wasn't trying to be argumentative. In my first post I was just wondering how Long Island is conservative if it votes like that. I believe you that Long Island is Conservative. For me to form a proper opinion, I'd have to go to Long Island and spend some time there, but since I haven't been within 1000 miles of Long Island I can't do that. And I don't like getting in arguments because it always comes off as being argumentative. So if my posts sound argumentative, my apologies.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Donna is fine and your apology is accepted. I hope we can continue with a polite and friendly discourse about hunting and fishing. Hope to see some pictures about Texas and some of the hunting and fishing their. The same goes for your alter ego M.A.T.. Yes I am older and manners were different when I was younger. I would also like to know your age. I think it would help to know were your coming from.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• M.A.T
    replied
    Carl,
    I was going by percents of vote in counties, and was not going by electoral votes. And actually some major cities were remarkably close, like Houston which was 49.39% Obama and 49.31% Romney. And San Antonio was 51% Obama and 47% Romney, which is closer than a lot of cities that have 1.2 million people. Dallas, I think, was not as close as S.A. or Houston. Austin was not very close at all because all the dang hippies. And the rural areas of Texas, except for north and west Texas, are still very populated.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Dallas good to see we are using first names again. In my neighborhood last names are usually preceded by a Mr. Miss or Mrs. otherwise they are argumentative or insulting. But that is just us.
    I hope you liked my definition of a conservative because that is how we live here. Now we know my home town and you see what froufrou dogs my daughter has from my profile. But yours is lacking. No pictures of Fish, Fowl or Deer just opinions.
    So in the spirit of discloser were do you live. If it's Dallas you might as well live in N.Y.C. as far as Obama.
    As far as the General Hill post it was just meant to show you that America is mobile and to be myopic and view it in stereo types is just wrong. Otherwise everyone would view Honey Boo Boo and Tickle were the norm and the only thing in stereo typical about Texas is Steers & Q______S. See how wrong that is. As far as making assumptions about Long Island you just look foolish to the people that live there.
    As far as insulting your parents. Seeing how you dwell on things and as argumentative you become they have their own cross to bear.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Mat as far as Long Island being democratic your looking at the Electoral votes. Just like Texas where Obama carried all the major cities like Austin, El Paso, San Antonio, Dallas, Huston, Fort Worth [by a large margin] the only thing that made the Republicans carry the state was the rural counties.
    As far as what is a conservative. A Harvard Law definition is. It stresses personal responsibility, Limited Government interference, a free market, traditional family values, government should also provide people the laws and freedom to pursue their own goals, conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of he individual to solve their own problems.
    McWort [since we are addressing each other by last names] since you where never in NY and you haven't seen anything about my state on TV "WHERE" do you get all your information from?

AND what does all this have to do with culling a Deer herd? Slow day in the trailer park?

Leave a comment:

• M.A.T
    replied
    P-H-W,
    I don't ever debate/argue because Dallas is debatng/arguing, and I don't wait for Dallas to start debates/arguements. If you look Dallas has been debating/arguing since yesterday and I just posted one thing earlier today. The reason I sometimes debate/argue on Dallas' debtates/arguments is because Dallas starts most of the debates/arguements and when Dallas debates/argues the person he debates/argues with sometimes doesn't make since, says something uninformed, or says something just plain dumb. When somebody does any of those things I say something. I never gang up with Dallas, I just speak my mind, and me and Dallas sometimes have similar views on things, so it appears we gang up with each other. And no, I don't agree everything Dallas says. Dallas says dumb things sometimes.
    P.S. I said debate/argue alot becuase some people consider it debating some people consider it arguing.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    I guess when your home-schooled the only form of a debate team you an have without fighting with your sibilings is to argue with people on the Internet? It's as if MAT was sitting on the couch waiting for Dallas to start a good fight that he could get involved in. Well boys, tell your teach I said you earned an A+ for debate class, and we all here at F&S will hope you aren't taught it again next semester.

Leave a comment:

• M.A.T
    replied
    sorry, "1000 miles" not "10ki00 miles".

Leave a comment:

• M.A.T
    replied
    Carl Huber,
    I'm at a loss. How is Long Island "One of the most conservative places in the U.S." when the most conservative county in 2012 voted for Obama at 51% Obama and 48% Romney, and the most liberal county voted at 92% Obama and 8% Romney. I just don't understand how that is as conservative as places like Utah and Oklahoma that didn't have even a single county go for Obama. I could be wrong since I've never even been within 10ki00 miles of Long Island, but I do know numbers don't lie.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Real Quiet
    by Pmacc60
    Hey at least your walking ! Lol so you still got a lot of tread on those tires !!...
    Today, 08:29 AM
  • Real Quiet
    by jhjimbo
    Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by FirstBubba
    I believe the movie "White Christmas" came out in 1954. Bing Crosby did this number in 1942.

Bing Crosby - "White Christmas"...
    Today, 08:26 AM
  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
    Yesterday, 11:01 PM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by fitch270
    I don’t feel new again....
    Today, 08:21 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X