Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a point of amusement there was a story on the local news. It seems Long Island N.Y is over run with excess of 35,000 Deer. If

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas just a quick question. What is your definition of a liberal. Long Island although over populated is one of the most Conservative places in the U.S.. The area is trying to cull a population in a fertile but crowded place. Just because a small fringe group bangs some pot & pans does not make it representative.
    With all respect do not believe everything you see on the TV

Comment

PS; Tred Barter lived 10 miles from my house. The inventor of the Thompson Machine Gun 7 miles and Long Islands worst Serial Killers [Joel Rifkin; 17 kills]] 6 blocks. So not everything is in the news.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Like you said you have never been here and your opinion is gathered from TV. If that is true everyone outside of New York looks and acts like Honey Boo Boo and Tickle from Moon Shiners.

I have traveled and I can say they don't.

Comment

Dallas you also speak of states rights. My boys went to school and are friends with the direct descendant of the Confederate General A.P. Hill. General Hill was so well thought of that both Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee called out to him on their death beds.

So as you can see life is not as simple or cut and dry as you make it.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Carl Huber,
                      I'm at a loss. How is Long Island "One of the most conservative places in the U.S." when the most conservative county in 2012 voted for Obama at 51% Obama and 48% Romney, and the most liberal county voted at 92% Obama and 8% Romney. I just don't understand how that is as conservative as places like Utah and Oklahoma that didn't have even a single county go for Obama. I could be wrong since I've never even been within 10ki00 miles of Long Island, but I do know numbers don't lie.

Comment

sorry, "1000 miles" not "10ki00 miles".

Comment

I guess when your home-schooled the only form of a debate team you an have without fighting with your sibilings is to argue with people on the Internet? It's as if MAT was sitting on the couch waiting for Dallas to start a good fight that he could get involved in. Well boys, tell your teach I said you earned an A+ for debate class, and we all here at F&S will hope you aren't taught it again next semester.

Comment

P-H-W,
                            I don't ever debate/argue because Dallas is debatng/arguing, and I don't wait for Dallas to start debates/arguements. If you look Dallas has been debating/arguing since yesterday and I just posted one thing earlier today. The reason I sometimes debate/argue on Dallas' debtates/arguments is because Dallas starts most of the debates/arguements and when Dallas debates/argues the person he debates/argues with sometimes doesn't make since, says something uninformed, or says something just plain dumb. When somebody does any of those things I say something. I never gang up with Dallas, I just speak my mind, and me and Dallas sometimes have similar views on things, so it appears we gang up with each other. And no, I don't agree everything Dallas says. Dallas says dumb things sometimes.
                            P.S. I said debate/argue alot becuase some people consider it debating some people consider it arguing.

Comment

Mat as far as Long Island being democratic your looking at the Electoral votes. Just like Texas where Obama carried all the major cities like Austin, El Paso, San Antonio, Dallas, Huston, Fort Worth [by a large margin] the only thing that made the Republicans carry the state was the rural counties.
                              As far as what is a conservative. A Harvard Law definition is. It stresses personal responsibility, Limited Government interference, a free market, traditional family values, government should also provide people the laws and freedom to pursue their own goals, conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of he individual to solve their own problems.
                              McWort [since we are addressing each other by last names] since you where never in NY and you haven't seen anything about my state on TV "WHERE" do you get all your information from?

AND what does all this have to do with culling a Deer herd? Slow day in the trailer park?

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad