Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little Hunting Trivia. These words have entered the American Lexicon. Haggard-Hood-Feed up-Chaperon-Callow-Booze-Old Codger-Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Arena
    replied
    I don't know, something Dave P. is involved with?

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    SCB got it. Innocently an Old Codger is a Falcon caught and trained in Adulthood. Rather than a Callow [Youth or Inexperienced] raised from the egg.

Leave a comment:

• vasportsman
    replied
    Badger maybe?

Leave a comment:

• SCBuilder66
    replied
    Falconry? Hunting with the use of a bird of prey? I think it's where hoodwinked came from. I cheated and asked my boss who happens to be an old codger and avid hunter?

Leave a comment:

• SCBuilder66
    replied
    Fox hunt?

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Sorry I submitted to fast. No it isn't Fox Hunting; it's older

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Matthew sorry for using dashes instead of commas to separate the words. They are archaic but most hunting is.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Matzek
    replied
    also I'm a little confused where one word ends and another begins could you help us out?

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Matzek
    replied
    No idea but the words sound very highbrow and aristocratic so I'll go with fox hunting

Leave a comment:

• A little Hunting Trivia. These words have entered the American Lexicon. Haggard-Hood-Feed up-Chaperon-Callow-Booze-Old Codger-Go

A little Hunting Trivia. These words have entered the American Lexicon. Haggard-Hood-Feed up-Chaperon-Callow-Booze-Old Codger-Gorge and Rouse. To what Hunting Sport do these words belong? It's more fun if you don't Google.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Voter Fraud
    by crm3006
    Well, if the slimy bandicoot won't recognize that I know treason when my nose is rubbed in it, maybe we should just get another opinion?
    "This
    Today, 03:10 PM
  • Voter Fraud
    by bowhunter75richard
    For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
    11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
  • Reply to NitroStick ML
    by PigHunter
    Looks like a good site. I just joined as PHunter...
    Today, 03:03 PM
  • NitroStick ML
    by jhjimbo
    What do you think of the NitroStick by Federal to be used with the TC NitroFire ? The Powder and primer are in a plastic tube that is inserted in a ML...
    Yesterday, 04:41 PM
  • Reply to Voter Fraud
    by 99explorer
    A true conspiracy theorist is always ready to believe that "the fix is in," with or without George Soros's name thrown into the mix.
    But
    Today, 02:51 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X