Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im lookin at the Parker ultra lite 31 compound bow. it says that its minimum FPS is 261. but that depends on your bow settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im lookin at the Parker ultra lite 31 compound bow. it says that its minimum FPS is 261. but that depends on your bow settings.

Im lookin at the Parker ultra lite 31 compound bow. it says that its minimum FPS is 261. but that depends on your bow settings. i was just wondering that if my bow was set that low would that still be able to kill a deer. i know it depends on shot placement but i just need some help.

you answered the question yourself my man. shot placement. shot placement shot placement shot placement. don't matter if you're drawing 300 pounds at 400 fps, if you hit the dang deer in the foot you're not gonna kill it! not on spot anyways. 260 fps is enough! just practice like hell and make sure you can hit some plumbing!

Comment

well, i am also looking at that bow. I would reccomend looking on hunters friend.com. I figured i am saving a little over 300 dollars if i were to buy it from them. It comes tuned, with custom arrows, set at specified draw weight and length, plus you get a sigth, rest, silencers, a case, arrows, broadheads, practice tips, and everything else needed for 460 dollars. I thought it was a good deal. And like Reid said, it is all about shot p;acement.

Comment

my hunting bow shoots about 260 fps and is extremely effective on deer.

Comment

Agreed with Reid Jones and + 1 for you!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad