Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year so far has been less than a good deer season for me. I have seen exactly one buck and did not have a shot. I still se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treestand
    replied
    *My Bad 2 Deer each*=44...11Bucks and 33Does.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    I have had the worst season that I have ever had. 7 days from 1 hour before daylight to after dark. Only saw probably 25 different deer and 5 different spikes. My buddy who has a club with 520 acres and 14 hunters and they usually kill 11 or 12 nice bucks. This year they killed 2. We had zero mast. Deer are eating grass in the fields and when the grass is gone I don't know what they will eat because they ate the brouse(sp) many years ago. You can see for hundreds of yards through our woods. I will be hunting the remaining 4 days of buck season this week.

Leave a comment:

• vasportsman
    replied
    Have had by far my best year to date, have taken 2 does and an 8 pointer and a hoss of a 6 pointer, both easily the largest bucks I have ever seen in my area. Concentrating on waterfowl now, bring on the ducks!

Leave a comment:

• seth trudeau
    replied
    This is my first year. The first day I just went to watch with my friend and scared 2 doe. But I didn't have my bow. Haven't seen any deer while hunting since.
    Seth

Leave a comment:

• SCBuilder66
    replied
    I had a good and bad season. I have seen very little deer movement and still have 2 doe tags to fill here in central Kansas. I had 1 lucky day and had a 160 class buck come in after a fight. I was blessed with a shot on him so I got a buck of a lifetime, but other than that movement has been pretty limit.ed. Rifle season starts here tomorrow. We have a big cold front coming in but I blame our very warm temps on the limited activity. Keep your head up.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Keep your chin up, I haven't hunted big game in 2013 other than coyotes. I will not be eligible for the 2014 big game lotteries, and unless there are left over- over the counter tags, I won't be hunting big game until 2015. So for now, I'm a hiker in some beautiful country with lots of big game surrounding me. Your situations could be worse.

Leave a comment:

• LostLure
    replied
    Terrrible for me. My club had a restriction of at least 4 pts one side and a spread outside the ears. During archery season I saw plenty of deer but only a spike and a big 4 pt. I missed a doe with the bow, the only one that came within range. This past weekend was the first time I had seen a deer in about 5 weeks, since rifle season started (unable to get a shot. I took a friend and he got a doe on Friday, and while I was out scouting in the middle of the day with another club member. We were being loud and didnt care, but he managed a shot on a doe. We tracked her for almost 3 hours but didn't recover her. So, all in all, terrible year. I still have 2 weeks though.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    The Season on my Lease is GOOD with (33) members and(21) active have taking at least 2 Deer off the Lease, the Weather has been CRAZZY 28* to 87*
    Wind Storms @40MPH........Good Luck to All

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I took four folks to their bucks. Don't hunt big game any more. Too much meat. I had a good season hunting geese. Shot more than I needed. Arrived in Montana the last week of October to hunt pheasants and I'm still here. The birds have been spotty but my shooting has been very good this year. If they get up in range, they go down. So I have definitely taken more birds than past years.

Leave a comment:

• habben97
    replied
    my season has been good, but not as good as last year. that year I killed 3 bucks, one 110" 9 point, a mid 70" 7 point, and a button buck. this year has been good, deer activity went up about the middle of October into early November. shot my first buck with bow November 2nd, a fork horn with half his rack missing. missed 2 does on a drive November 22nd, but I don't feel all that bad about it. haven't seen a deer since then, though. this weekend is firearms season, and there is supposed to be a major cold front moving through. that, coupled with a little snow and the second rut, should really get the deer moving. I will post if I get one.

Leave a comment:

• This year so far has been less than a good deer season for me. I have seen exactly one buck and did not have a shot. I still se

This year so far has been less than a good deer season for me. I have seen exactly one buck and did not have a shot. I still see the same deer trails in use that have been used the last several years but very few rubs. I have seen two scrapes that looked promising but alas no deer movement. In Tennessee this has been a rather warm season with most days being in the 50's and the deer just do not seem to be moving as much as normal. How is everyone else's season? Good? Bad? Great? Worst ever?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad