Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patience, Perseverance, and some plain old luck landed me another beautiful South Dakota Whitetail. I'll have it loaded in my pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience, Perseverance, and some plain old luck landed me another beautiful South Dakota Whitetail. I'll have it loaded in my pi

Patience, Perseverance, and some plain old luck landed me another beautiful South Dakota Whitetail. I'll have it loaded in my pictures here shortly.

Congratulations SD! I can't wait to see the pictures. Looks like you got it just in time with the big snow headed your way in the next few days. Now you will be able to sit in front of the fire place with the trap door on your long johns buttoned up. Enjoy!

Comment

Picture is up. And you got that right DM! I'll be resting easy, and eagerly awaiting the taxidermist phone call.

Comment

Awesome deer SD! Wide tall symmetrical and heavy! And a classy picture to boot.

Comment

nice buck.

Comment

Super deer. Congratulations.

Comment

Wow! Very nice! That one was worth waiting for. Congratulations on a wall hanger. What did you shoot him with? Is that a Rem 700 Varmint? What caliber and how far? Where did you hit him and did he drop or run?

Comment

Rem 700 varmint is correct. .243. Offhand shot from just 100 yards and he went about 30 feet and 10 seconds before crashing. Barely had time to think as he came out from a tree grove but he was only trotting along fairly leisurely when I touched off.

Comment

Nice, thanks, and congratulations on keeping cool and making a nice shot.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad