Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Guys! Well, it's seems that for the past couple years at about this time, i have asked for your all's ammo recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys! Well, it's seems that for the past couple years at about this time, i have asked for your all's ammo recommendations.

Hey Guys! Well, it's seems that for the past couple years at about this time, i have asked for your all's ammo recommendations. This year, i am torn between shooting Remington Core-Lokt (7mm-08 140 gr) and Winchester Power Max Bonded (7mm-08 140 gr). They both shoot accurately out of my Ruger. I will be using them on PA hardwoods whitetails this Monday. All shots will be under 100 yds. Thanks all and good luck!

What shoots better in your rifle?

Comment

Both shoot accurately. Almost identical. I am also thinking of throwing the Nosler Accubond into the mix

Comment

Remington Core-Lokt would be my choice.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Winchester Power Max Bonded, but the Remington Core-Lokt has been around for decades, and my experience with it has been very favorable.
          Count one more vote for the Remington.

Comment

Either one, but I lean to the Remington Core-Lokt. Unless you are handloading, the Accubond just costs more money and no performance advantage at deer woods ranges.

Comment

I would go with Remington Core-lokt also.

Comment

It makes absolutely no difference as long as they are both accurate. If you hit a deer in a vital area with a 7mm 140g bullet, it will be dead at that range EVERY time and with EVERY bullet available.

I suggest taking the one that looks prettiest to you because you will probably have 18 or 19 of them sitting on your dresser until next year.

Comment

I don't think the deer will know the difference

Comment

I have for the last 15 years or so been shooting a 139 gr. Hornady load in my 7mm/08 with near perfect results. I can't see much difference in the loads you are testing and what I shoot, either should be fine.

Comment

Geez, do you think the deer will be able to tell the difference? Any reasonable hunting round will work in your rifle for eastern whitetail deer within 150 yards.

Short answer: buy the least expensive ammo, get an extra box, and practice.

Comment

Geez, do you think the deer will be able to tell the difference? Any reasonable hunting round will work in your rifle for eastern whitetail deer within 150 yards.

Short answer: buy the least expensive ammo, get an extra box, and practice.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad