Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i just got into deer hunting and this year is going to be my first season. I'm hitting the stand this Thanksgiving through th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i just got into deer hunting and this year is going to be my first season. I'm hitting the stand this Thanksgiving through th

So i just got into deer hunting and this year is going to be my first season. I'm hitting the stand this Thanksgiving through this Sunday almost all day everyday. I'm hunting in North Carolina on a field that clover used to be planted in. My question is what is the best approach to get big bucks in for a good shot? I was thinking about using doe urine and just blasting out periodic doe bleats to try to get a buck to still chase since we are right near the rut. Would this be a good idea? Any advise would be helpful.

Just wanted to touch base I know its now the 5th of December and I hope your hunting was successful, I took a dandy buck back on 11/16/13 in Kentucky using Code red doe estrus urine which I had from the previous year put it out about 15 yards from my stand I hit my grunt tube which is a Primos Power Buck & Doe call 2 times within 30 minutes that buck was plowing dirt to get a look see. Rule 1 of calling that I had to learn the hard way is don't over call you will want to call so bad it will hurt but trust me force yourself not to call if all possible maybe once every 15 to 30 minutes at most might I also suggest picking up a rattling bag or rattling antlers which might just be enough to perk a curious bucks interests. Happy Hunting and Best Wishes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad