Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where I'm hunting at, there is a big buck. I've seen him once but didn't have a shot because he walked up on me so close so quic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I'm hunting at, there is a big buck. I've seen him once but didn't have a shot because he walked up on me so close so quic

Where I'm hunting at, there is a big buck. I've seen him once but didn't have a shot because he walked up on me so close so quick I couldn't do anything. He is making a line of rubs on trees all down one of the trails I'm hunting along. What's the best way to approach this buck and being able to see him again?

Get in the area he is using, camo and conceal yourself and be still and quiet. Good luck.

Comment

Find his does and set up in part of their travel corridor.

Comment

Should I grunt or use my can call while I'm hunting near his scrapes and rubs?

Comment

I would be absolutely quiet and still for the first couple hours. If nothing, then maybe a grunt or rattle. Also, if you can, stay all day right up to the end of legal shooting time. Things happen when you least expect them.

Comment

Jhjimbo has it- for the most part, calls and rattles are there to preoccupy the hunter, not attract anything. There are a few golden times when bucks let their guard down and come running to a call or rattle, other than that, you are waving a flag in my opinion.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
              by FirstBubba
              I was just trying to be kind! 😂!🤣!...
              Today, 10:07 PM
            • 16 Years
              by jhjimbo
              So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
              08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
            • Reply to Crickets !!
              by rock rat
              I know people in Taiwan, Singapore, and China. The first outbreak of Covid was followed in minute detail as no one had any idea if it could be controlled...
              Today, 10:06 PM
            • Crickets !!
              by bowhunter75richard
              Some time ago, I asked our liberal/progressive ‘friends’ on the site to give just one item on the D’s agenda that would benefit the American people...
              Yesterday, 05:27 PM
            • Reply to More Bad News....
              by WA Mtnhunter
              Thanks all, for all the kind words and expressions of sympathy. I truly appreciate it. It takes a man who has lost a fine canine companion to truly understand....
              Today, 10:04 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X