Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A perfect afternoon hunting almost ended in tragedy thanks to a slob hunter. See first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am surprised that no one chimed in. Used gutting gloves are the perfect rubber band. In many states you have to tie your tag to a slit in an ear. I tie mine in with by (surgical) gloves. Fixes 2 problems at the same time.

Comment

Rocky, flagging tape serves that function very well ... and many others as well. I have never used gutting gloves. It's hairy enough working inside a deer with a sharp knife almost by feel, but when one can't feel anything ... well I wouldn't do it! Not even in minus twenty.

Comment

Would like to have posted a photo of the results of yesterday's hunt but I can't access my profile, photos section, or anything else. Just routes me back here. This site is so screwed up! Whoever maintains it has no self-respect. Probably his/her chief skills are brown-nosing and paycheck signing. Or he/she is actually getting paid by the competition. Gad, this is frustrating!

Comment

OH, Also glad to here your pup is ok and I see this allot where I hunt, we got a large population of "Townies'" that hunt near me. 90% are flat out slob hunters and could care less about the woods or enven the game they are after. I could write a humor book on some of the stuff I have seen in the woods. One of the best is during archery season, I seen a guy still hunting with a Starbuck's fufu coffee in one had and his bow with a nocked arrow in the other! I do use gloves, but I always pack them out, even those of other hunters in my group, well I stuffed them in the pockets of their jackets before they put it back on.

Comment

Just throwing this out there but in my 15+ years killing deer and other animals - I don't think I EVER ONCE wore gloves.

If your man enough to kill an animal, you can strap on your big boy pants and field dress your animal like a man as well.

Far as I am concerned - gloves would caue me to be MORE LIKELY to slice myself. Can't feel what I am doing. And you sure can't see what your doing up in the chest cavity of a deer. So you better be able to feel your way around well.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad