Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for those of you who wear rubber boots hunting, which brand would you recommend? i have heard about lacrosse, field and stream,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those of you who wear rubber boots hunting, which brand would you recommend? i have heard about lacrosse, field and stream,

for those of you who wear rubber boots hunting, which brand would you recommend? i have heard about lacrosse, field and stream,and also muck boots. which do you think has the best quality?

I Love my Muck Artic Sport boots. comfy not heavy, warm and water proof to the knees for me as I am short and have the longer style! Standing on post and hiking all day with no problems. no sore legs or back either... I am from northern Minnesota and hunting weather has been wet and cold and windy this year. My feet have been warm and dry

Comment

Most would agree that your boots are a critical element of hunting and deserve extra consideration when buying. That being said, price is also a major factor for me. Think about what you will be doing and how you will be hunting, you might need a couple of different boots. I currently use three pairs. Since I start hunting in September, I have a pair of uninsulated no-name 16" rubber boots that I got out of bin at Cabela's for $10. I would not want to walk miles in them, but they are fine for general warm weather hunting. For this season I bought a pair of Cabela's brand 400 gram 18" rubber boots. Way cheaper than the name brands you mentioned, and I waited till they were on discount sale. I like them and they feel great on cooler days, they are good for walking but they hold a lot of mud in the soles. I also have a heavy pair of boots (rubber soles/leather uppers) with the insulated booty for the really cold days, good for still/stand hunting.

Comment

I have a pair of the Lacrosse Alpha Burley 1500 gram Thinsulate boots. I don't use them much here in WV. I bought them when I hunted in Alabama because where I hunted there it was terrible muddy. I didn't have to walk far to get to a ladder stand or shoot house. If you are going to do at of walking they are not for you but if you want a good warm boot then they are great. When we have a deep snow then I wear them some here in the mountains because I don't have very far to get to my stand.

Comment

I have Sorel rubber bottom, leather uppers. Inside felt and fur liner. Very warm. I also like my Rocky but nobody here likes that brand.
          My others are Browning upland for mild weather and Browning lows that I wear around camp and small game early season. My all rubber boots and waders gave out and I have not replaced them - yet.

Comment

I haVE lacrosse and they are amazing not sure what kind but im sure most are good plus ive heard great things about them from many people.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad