Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody ever walked around the woods and came across another hunter or a hunter’s location who was breaking the Fish and Wil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody ever walked around the woods and came across another hunter or a hunter’s location who was breaking the Fish and Wil

Has anybody ever walked around the woods and came across another hunter or a hunter’s location who was breaking the Fish and Wildlife game law? Say somebody is illegally baiting game or hunting in a safety zone, or using a mechanical device for calling in turkeys or trespassing on a state refuge and so on. What would you do report it to the Conservation Officer or mind your own business? I am asking this question because today most people don’t want to get involved or dragged into a court room.

I have walked up on them many times. Oh that is what I was supposed to do. I always liked to hike way back into noman's land and slip up on someone breaking the law and see that "deer in the headlights" look on their face, like "how in the world did you get way back here".
    I won't tell you what to do but if you don't protect your sport and it's resources no one else is going to.

Comment

As an Ex-New Yorker Street code was Don't get Involved. But you can be "Mr.Anonymous"to Encon-officer.

Comment

I would try to act like i did't care or did't know he was doing anything wrong. if it was something serious, i would then head straight to the dnr and report the bastard. I can't stand irresponsibles ruining the face of responsible hunters.

Comment

About all I have found are trespassers.

Comment

I've seen the same people shoot deer or shoot at deer over the same fence multiple times. Somebody has always been with the whenever I saw it happen and they always tell me not to get involved. But I did call the landowner once but he couldn't find them.

Comment

I have a very good relationship with our local warden. He covers a very large area so I have taken to jotting down vehicle and personal descriptions, license plate numbers and even take a few pictures here and there. He says it really makes his job easy when I hand these things over to him. We, as outdoorsmen, have a responsibility to protect our lifestyle, if that involves reporting someone for breaking the law, so be it.

Comment

I would say it is my responsibility to contact the DNR and provide what information I had. Most state DNR's have an anonymous tip line for that purpose.

Comment

First off, I don't hunt public property. If I find somebody in my "domain", I send 'em packing and I have permission from the landowner to do so! (very important!)
                  Secondly, I'm not a LEO.
                  Now I don't know why? But the few times I've actually "needed" a game officer, the response was less than impressive. I think it was the officer and hope it wasn't the department.
                  To me, there is a thin line between reporting and ignoring.

Comment

I blow them in. That's why my hunting club is called the "mean old bastards" club.
                    If someone doesn't take it on, the illegal activity just spreads thru the scummer network and escalates.
                    At least around here.

Comment

Report, don't confront. Remember you are both armed and dangerous.

Comment

Report 'em! These types of selfish idiots ruin hunting for everyone else; their illegal activities don't have to be tolerated, nor should they be. Too many people just turn their heads and do nothing. Not me! F*** 'em. If they don't like getting caught, they shouldn't break the law in the first place.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad