Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been looking into getting the Hoyt Buffalo Recurve bow. What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been looking into getting the Hoyt Buffalo Recurve bow. What do you think?

I've been looking into getting the Hoyt Buffalo Recurve bow. What do you think?

Remember in the movie Risky Business and Tom Cruise said "Porsche there is no substitute"?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxBmiGyqERg

Well I say, "Hoyt, there is no substitute".
    Good Luck!

Comment

I really want one also. I never got to shoot one but checked them out at a local BPS and really like the quality overall. That is the same bow Fred Eichler uses. I like Fred and think he is an honest man that wouldn't push or use a questionable product. I say go for it.

Comment

Heck yeah good choice. You should also look at some of mike dunnaways bows (wild horse creek). He has some amazing pieces and they are very reasonable.

Comment

I was able to do the left handed prototype testing for the buffalo due to my connections in the industry and it is in my opinion the best hunting recurve I have ever shot. I have custom recurves and long bows but the only current recurve i hunt with is the buffalo. The bow is the one of the only current hunting recurve that uses the IMF limb pocket. It is extremely quiet easy to transport because it can be taken down and you can change draw weigh relatively easy because the limbs can be changed out. Dcast fred designed the bow with hoyt and that is how i got to do some of the testing. When he was first talking about doing it with IMF limbs many in the industry said he was nuts because the pockets have only ever been used with Olympic Style Recurves because they are often loud and heavy.

Comment

yet the bow is quiet and very light.

Comment

Mike, are you somehow acquainted with Fred or through Hoyt?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to More Bad News....
                by Amflyer
                Thanks for letting us know. There's no words. Sometimes I wonder if what's between humans and dogs may be the perfect bond, at least in this existence....
                Today, 10:26 AM
              • More Bad News....
                by WA Mtnhunter
                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
              • Reply to 16 Years
                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                "... not a racist except in that I support the white condition without being a nazi or white supremacy nut." So you are a racist, just not a...
                Today, 09:38 AM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
              • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                by FirstBubba
                Yes sir, he is....
                Today, 07:49 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X