Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am still in Montana hunting pheasants. This year I have been shooting very well. Much better than usual. Many days I am bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    The real marker in Hydration is not so much how much you drink. But what you pass and the color of the water you pass.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Enough of this foolishness. It's warmed up to -1 outside so I'm taking the dogs bird hunting. You can watch Cody show off his so-called survival skills on TV. I'm going to put mine to work. And I won't be doing it barefoot with shorts on either. Or with the cameras rolling.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Coke has the caffeine I need to get me home. Eggnog doesn't. Eggnog has a lot of food value. Coke doesn't. I doubt I would drink any eggnog if I'd already had to put up with a not-yet-frozen non-diet overly-sweet Coke to get me home. Personally I don't find eggnog to be overly sweet. A diet Coke has no calories = no syrup but it does have caffeine. So I'm essentially drinking flavored but unsweetened water with a caffeine kick. Gets me rehydrated and keeps me awake. Both are important for keeping me alert during the drive home.

Cody Lundin is the "founder, director, and lead instructor of the Aboriginal Living Skills School" at Prescott, AZ. A wannabee Native American?

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• M.A.T
    replied
    OH,
    I've seen Dual Survival and Cody Lundin(It's Cody not Cosy, which must have a mispelling on Dallas' part) is whiter than Casper. His hair is blonde. You also need to research somebody before you go on griping about them. Because you obviously have no idea who Cody Lundin is because 1( he's definitely not Native American 2( you don't even know how to spell his name, so that's a good indication that you don't know who he is 3( he teaches a survival school, which is more than you can say about survival. He wears shorts to get acclimated to the weather, and if it's cold outside he does wear layers on his upper body(it may sound hippy-ish, but it seems to work). Also I live in S. Texas, which gets very hot, and there was a person building somebody a fence in the middle of summer. He happened to drink nothing but lots of beer when he was building this fence. Guess what happened to him. HE DIED!
    And lastly, why can you barely choke down a Coke, but you can drink a whole quart of eggnog with no problems?

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Yeah, you can listen to Cosy Lundin any day. Some guy who supposedly specializes in surviving in shorts and bare feet in harsh weather conditions. Pffft! But wait, he's a Native American. That automatically makes him an expert in survival, right? Hmmm. I doubt many of his Indian ancestors would have been stupid enough to track deer in snow wearing shorts! He gets freaked out about beer causing dehydration but seems to care less about the effects of hypothermia or skin cancer due to no clothing. Another phony obviously!

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    OH I do not know what the problem is with Canadians on this site. I would travel north with my boys 15-20 times a year in the 90's. Mostly because of my son's Hockey. All his coaches were French or English Canadian, some Hall of Fame-rs or the parent of two Olympic Medalists. Our sports figures could take a page out of their book. They were all good family men. The locals for the most part are very hospitable. With the exception of Justin Beiber. I have only pleasant memories. Plus good French Fry's[Pootien} and better Beer. +1 as long as the +1 lasts

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Dallas, I can't stand the heavy syrup in regular Coke (and Pepsi products are worse!). I prefer Coke Zero. Tastes better than the regular Diet Coke and no sugar. Gotta have something with caffeine to get home safely. However, if it's really cold out I have to put up with regular Coke as the diet stuff will freeze solid. Those new power drinks make me wanna puke. Can't handle them! And those things are really loaded up with sugar. Bladder infections have never been an issue for me and I likely have thousands of miles under my feet hunting. So I guess that pretty much shoots that theory out of the water. I continued to drink beer "freely" after recovering from my first and only kidney stones episode in 1978 (though I pretty much stopped playing basketball). Again, no problems since then, even when working for years at hard labor in an aluminum plant in temps up to 130 degrees. Dehydration was an everyday occurrence in that place. But still no bladder infections. It's nice that you put so much blind faith in some TV show produced by a couple of guys you have never met and really don't know anything about. In fact, one of the "dual" hosts is a fraud of the worst kind. A BS artist who falsely claimed to be an Army sniper, etc. Turns out he gained his survival skills working on a reptile farm in Florida. A genuine flimflam snake oil salesman.

I married a lovely Canadian gal twenty-six years ago next month. You should be so lucky to find someone like that! One in a million. I was working for the US govt at the time. Then they screwed me one time too many and she wanted to go back home. Under the circumstances it was pretty hard to argue with her (which I never did anyway). Best move I ever made. I lost Cathy to a car accident three years ago last month.

PTW: I don't walk very fast either. I'm sure you wouldn't have trouble keeping up. But sometimes I just keep going and going. You might have trouble keeping up with that.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad