Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is writting a letter to a landowner a propper way to set up a meeting to try to get hunting permission? Also what is the "corre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    Good advice has already been offered, and a face-to-face meeting is preferred; however, if you must write a letter, include references from other property owners or sportsmen supporting your responsible conduct and sportmanship. If it's composed on a computer, include a digital photo.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Good advice above on contact methods. My advice to you on hunting deer is get a real deer hunting rifle/cartridge.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Jim, another thing I have done that works is get some business cards printed at the office supply store - not expensive. Put all your info on there, including phone, address, vehicle and plate, school or work, military service and even family unit if applicable. That is something to ease his mind as far as not knowing you.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    jimbo's right. Face-to-face is best. If you're having difficulties "contacting" the land owner, maybe there is a reason!?

You look for wounded deer:
    1. Until you find them.
    2. Until you run out of trail.
    After that, watch for circling buzzards!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Face to face is the best way to get permission for hunting. Once permission is granted, reciprocate if you can. When I started hunting we would show up an hour or two early and help out with chores in the barn. Two things, we smelled like the barn when we were through - good cover scent, and two, the land owner would tell us where he saw deer and exactly where to take a stand to get one.

Leave a comment:

• Is writting a letter to a landowner a propper way to set up a meeting to try to get hunting permission? Also what is the "corre

Is writting a letter to a landowner a propper way to set up a meeting to try to get hunting permission? Also what is the "correct" amount of time to look for a wounded deer. I got a little hair a tiny piece of tissue and after 150 or so yards a few spots of blood about a dime size. We looked for over 2 hours, and more that afternoon. The drops were at least 50 yards apart. I think I hit a limb that was in front of the deer. I was using a .44 mag. I want to think the deer is going to make it. Any thoughts?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad