Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of big game field knife do you carry an prefer? I have a Buck 110 folding hunter, Buck 119 and Case stacked leather h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of big game field knife do you carry an prefer? I have a Buck 110 folding hunter, Buck 119 and Case stacked leather h

What kind of big game field knife do you carry an prefer? I have a Buck 110 folding hunter, Buck 119 and Case stacked leather hunter.

Case pocket knife.

Comment

Case hunter (leather handle) and case folding hunter as a back up. I have a hand made skinner that damn sharp too.

Comment

Schrade ProHunter PH 1 and an extra 6" fixed blade with a slab side hatchet combo.

Comment

PUMA PAL belt knife and Case-XX single blade Folder.

Comment

SOG NW Hunter or my Remington Big Game folding knife.

Comment

swing blade is very nice. I carry it and it keeps up with me pretty well.

Comment

I make benchmade knives and always carry one of my own. I have a favorite that I have used for a couple of years, but if I find myself in different hunting situations I may carry a larger or different one of my blades. I haven't found a store bought knife that will hold an edge as well as any of my high carbon blades. To each his own.

Comment

Spyderco "Enuff" clip point.

Comment

I use a classic Buck fixed blade. Solid for cutting chest and long enough for cutting out quarters. OK for skinning if necessary but doesn't keep an edge for skinning multiple animals like a Case or Shrade folding knife. I use a Shrade Old Timer for skinning and boning, usually back at camp. They stay sharp for about a dozen antelope or deer before they need sharpening... amazing to me.

Comment

I carry knives for different reasons. I carry an Uncle Henry because it was my grandfathers. My go to skinner is a Spyderco. You can get that thing razor sharp. It just doesn't keep the edge as long as some of my others.

Comment

I like my case leather stacked handle, this year I found a custom made Anza knife. The guy makes them California out of files and makes a wood laminate handle for them and leather sheath. It feels very well made and a razor sharp edge can't wait to try it out on a deer.

Comment

I carry a Buck 110 on my belt and an Outdoor Edge folding flip blade in my backpack. The Outdoor Edge flip blade is a super knife to field dress a deer. It has a folding saw in the case too. I have used it on several deer and wouldn't use anything else. My Buck 110 has been retired for that job.

Comment

Diamondblade Alpha II

Comment

1930s Ka-Bar 4.5" drop point stacked leather without finger grooves. A very fine old knife. Cleaned three bucks with it this year (none of which were shot by me) and at least a freezer full of various birds. And the season's not over yet! Which reminds me, I have a limit of rooster pheasants still to take care of tonight. Really had to work for them though. My legs feel like spaghetti and when we got home tonight the dogs were almost too pooped to eat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad